PDA

View Full Version : HGSI’s New Lupus Drug Submitted for FDA Approval

the wingless one
06-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Hi everyone,

I thought you all might find this interesting, my husband found this article about a new drug aimed specifically at lupus that is in phase III trials and *may* be approved soon! It sounds like it would be a substitute for prednisone, wish they gave more specifics on what exactly the side effects are besides "few." Has anyone heard anything about this from their docs or anything?

http://www.techjackal.net/other/2010/06/10/hgsis-new-lupus-drug-submitted-for-fda-approval/

Saysusie
06-10-2010, 09:38 PM
I've heard nothing about it from my doctor..but then I am with Kaiser and they are the last to try any new drugs :-(

thank you for sharing this with us.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Dar
06-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Yes, I've been following it for a while. Discussed it with my rheumy and he said it'd be unlikely to help with my disease (but I have severe CNS involvement, so not a shocker there).

Also been following EMBLEM™ (epratuzumab)...a humanised form of Rituxan (which would be more promising for me).

So there are a couple of drugs for lupus that are in the pipeline that I know of.

Saysusie
06-21-2010, 04:25 PM
That is good to know. Thank you for sharing what you learn with us. I hope that the Emblem works for you if it is finally approved.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie