PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while

potts77
06-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Holy Moly! Who would of thought that when a child gets out of school that the world goes into over drive! Taylor, my eldest son who's 6, is now a tiger scout (on wensdays) and is playing tball (every tuesday and thursday). On top of that I'm a Bear leader at the local church Mondays and training to be a tiger leader for the community scout program. Wow things get hecktic REAL fast.
On top of that... I had a REAL icky disease stricken me. I had shingles. EWWW... It hurt and it looked REAL bad. The doctor said that my immune system took a dive and since I had chicken pocks as a kid shingles were abound to happen. I'm still scabby on my face alittle bit... but people think I just have acne... Thank goodness.... I don't want strangers to know that I've got a form of herpes... they would run to the hills. Plus the sores on my tounge haven't completly gone away with the anti viral treatment. Oh well... Only time will tell and heal. Has anyone else here had shingles as a result of your immune system? Hope EVERYONE has a great day and is feeling bright...

Saysusie
06-10-2010, 09:15 PM
I have never experienced shingles, but my best friend did and she suffered greatly because of them. Afterwards, she developed dermatomyositis. This is the extent of my personal knowledge with rickets.

Your schedule certainly sounds hectic, but joyful at the same time! It is so wonderful that you are so involved in your son's activities as well as the community. I admire you.

I do hope that you feel better soon. It is good to see you here :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

SandyR
06-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Yes - I have and ouch I feel your pain! There is another thread on here about chickenpox & lupus and we were talking about shingles on there too. Seems we are not the only sufferers. At the time I had it, I was told I couldn't expose myself to any immuno supressed people including babies and children, pregnant woman, and elderly people. At that time I lived with my grandparents, had a cousin who was close by but pregnant, had my mom who worked with an elderly population, my 1 aunt who had a young child in the house, my other aunt who has the aunt with MS living with her, and an aunt who's husband had shingles previously all live close by and all my friends in this area are school teachers or had just had babies/were pregnant that year so I couldn't go to any of their houses to stay. I had to stay at a hotel for about a week. Did I mention it was also my birthday week? I was miserable! Now, when I hear someone has chicken pox or shingles, I stay far and wide of them! I don't want to be like a friend of mine who has had shingles on 4 seperate occassions with each on lasting longer and more severe. Be careful with shingles on the face. My uncle who had it was exposed when his mother first got it. She had it on her face too and didn't get it treated soon enough and it killed the nerves in her eyes and cost her the ability to see.