PDA

View Full Version : please help

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-07-2010, 05:08 AM
have just recieved a letter with a copy of a letter that was sent to my gp saying my urine confirmed haematuria and heavy e coli growth and that could they reffer me on to a urologist could anyone explain any more what does it all mean??? does mean i have kidney involvement?? only time i have heard of urologist is the big C you can imagine this has freaked me out slightly!!! thanks for any help xx

Dar
06-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Actually, it sounds like you have a UTI (urinary tract infection) caused by E. Coli bacteria. UTIs can cause hematuria (blood in the urine). Infections tend to be more common in those with lupus, especially if you're on anything for it that suppresses the immune system.

Hopefully the urologist will explain it better and put you on the right meds to get rid of the infection.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-07-2010, 11:43 PM
thanks for replying starting to feel more at ease about it now its just all the jargon words and not knowing what they're going on about!! xx

Angel Oliver
06-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Glad Dar could help you Heidi.Try and relax now.Thinking of you.xxxxxx

froggal
06-10-2010, 06:50 AM
Why do they ALWAYS make things sound SO much worse? Hang in there sweetie. I will pray that u get it all worked out.