PDA

View Full Version : Having problems finding lubricating eye drops?

justomegirlindallas
05-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Share your experience! If you have sjogren's or dry eye symptoms - you have probably emptied your pockets on OTC drops. I have. I found that the best ones for long term dry eye are the ones without preservatives and contain some gel lubrication which helps those of us with not only issues with quantity of tear production but also QUALITY and deal with corneal abrasions and increased risk of eye infection complications.

The product that has helped me the most is TheraTears - gel based and preservative free. Hint: it feels REALLY good when kept in the fridge before use. I use it four times a day and it reduced the morning burning and daily vision issues and light sensitivity.

http://www.amazon.com/TheraTears-Liquid-Lubricant-Single-Use-Containers/dp/B00012FL5G/ref=sr_1_1/191-7909343-9804206?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1275188722&sr=8-1

magistramarla
05-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Hi Girl,
Has your ophthalmologist suggested trying Restasis yet? It's a bit pricey since the insurance balks at paying for all of it, but it certainly has helped me.
Hugs,
Marla

scubagramplit
06-05-2010, 10:16 PM
My eye doctor recomended "GenTeal" I am having good luck with it. Lubricates the eye and cools the dry itching.

justomegirlindallas
06-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Hey !!! Thanks for responding. I was prescribed Restasis but was shocked at the price tag. I cannot afford that and they do not have drug assistance. I may try that once my fund issue gets under control. Unfrotunatley, my lenses are detaching from my eyes probably as another part of my connective tissue disease. I see a geneticist in August and have a follow up around that time to see if the systemic treatments are slowing the detachment down. Unfrotunately it cant be fixed wiht a simple cataract procedure so we just have to let them detach over time and go from there :(