PDA

View Full Version : sore throat and runny nose for 3 weeks now!

dandoon_88
09-30-2005, 08:49 AM
hi everyone,
for the past 3 weeks i've had a sore throat and a runny nose and i sneeze a LOT..i sometimes take Zyrtec syrup coz i get up in the middle of night feeling so bad and it makes me able to sleep..i know it isnt a major thing but it's beginning to irritate me!!!
does this have to do with anything or is it just because i'm immunosuppressed so it takes longer to recover from a cold?
thank you!

TracyDawn
09-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Sorry you are suffering. {{HUG}} Any chance it could be allergies? Not sure of the weather or allergens where you are but that's what it sounds like. Otherwise you might want to give your dr a call and see what they say. Maybe they can give you something to kick it out of your system??? I know it takes me longer to get over a common cold, or even just a scratch these days. Very irritating. Hopefully you'll get some relief soon.

Mitch
10-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Hi dandoon 88! My guess...it isn't a cold - I've never heard one lasting more than a week. However, I am the champion allergy/sinus person (suffered since childhood) and I would guess just plain old allergies ( but that usually has more of a scratchy throat ) unless it already has led to a sinus infection. I have had sinus infections go on for months until they are finally treated w/antibiotics and antihistimines. The post nasal drip in either case causes the sore throat. Little clue (sorry to be graphic) allergy usually runs clear, and infection will be yellow or green! Obviously, your best bet is to go to the doctor.

Mitch