PDA

View Full Version : stomach ache after eating

iamlion
05-28-2010, 04:36 AM
Hi there.
one thing I've found recently is that I often get stomach aches after eating certain foods, especially junk food and meat and sometimes dairy. does anyone else get this?
i've stopped eating meat as just looking at it now makes me feel ill! and i've bought this diet book by jill harrington about how when she changed her diet her symptoms lessened. has anyone tried this and what results have you found? i hate the idea of having to give up even more foods that i like!!

helen

Saysusie
05-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Almost all of the time before I was told that I had developed lactose intolerance!! The stomach aches were awful and it would happen almost immediately after eating any type of dairy.
Now, I have to be very careful (especially when eating out) to make sure that there are no dairy products in my food, in the preparation, or in the sauces (you'd be amazed where dairy pops up) because the pain is excrutiating and I don't want to have to deal with it!

I hope you find out what is causing your pain. If it is lactose intolerance, please know that in this day and age, dairy substitutes abound and many of them are quite tasty. Even up to and including Tofu Ice-cream...

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

ritzbit
06-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Lately my stomach hurts after everything I eat. And I always feel nauseous BUT its not like my stomach hurts to where I am not hungry like it does when I have a stomach bug.

Peridot20_Gem
06-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Hello Helen,

I've not tried the diet you've mentioned but there maybe a member who as so it's just waiting for that reply.

You may be souffering with muscle spasms which throw off bad pain and also IBS can cause it, unless there's an underlining issue.

I do wish you the best. Terri xxx

Islablue
06-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Mine does too! I've been noticing it more lately though. It's like a burning pain. Sometimes I can't figure out if it's my back or my stomach.

serand4
06-10-2011, 05:03 PM
One of my first symptoms (and actually throughout my entire life) I've dealt with terrible stomach pains. For example, for the past two weeks, I've had no appetite at all and have lived on Sports Drinks and liquid meals. You have to find out what will soothe your stomach. I take two prilosec pills in the morning before I eat a bite. When I'm having a terrible stomach flare, I live on rice cereal and soy milk just to keep food in my stomach and there's no lactose or wheat. Most of all, see a Gastro doc. I haven't really gotten much out of their visits but sometimes they can help eliminate serious problems.

Take care!

Peridot20_Gem
06-11-2011, 04:01 PM
As soft as it sounds but every morning at 9am i take my medication with yacult and they have'nt half helped my system over the years.

giggle
06-11-2011, 05:16 PM
I have been having stomach issues for a while. I think its advisable with any stomach area pain to get your pancreas and gall bladder checked. Just because it isnt uncommon in lupus for such things to be affected. And it will cause pain in the area (for example if you have inflammation, having heavy food in your stomach will push on it and cause pain).

However there are heaps of reasons for stomach pain. We havent figured out whats going on with mine however. I am having a celiac screen done soon. Gluten products seem to make my pain worse. Not immediately... but over time. The more gluten I eat the more symptoms I have... whether the meal I am having is gluten or not. The gluten causes inflammation and so any meal will feel painful. Food passes through me so slowly as well and a lot of activities are painful just because of digestive inflammation. Even having a full bladder hurts because it pushes on my intestines!

Anyway, I have tried going off gluten which helped with the intestinal pain but didnt help with the stomach issues and food still passes through too slowly... so I tried liquid foods, but not for long, because we need to get the gluten test done first and to get an accurate reading I need to be eating fair amounts of gluten.

Anyway... it would be worth talking to a doc about it.

Peridot20_Gem
06-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Giggle,

That was well said mate and like you said Gallstones or any organ trouble when pains passing from it, the pain hits different area's of the body.

The way they find out here in the uk what's really going on is either an ultrasound scan or tube down the throat or up the back passage, mind you that is unpleasent been there and had that one but to find things out these tests need doing because stomach issues can be unbearable at times.