PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Gabogunrin
09-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Hi everyone. my name is Grace and I was diasgnosed with lupus nephritis a year and half ago. This is actually my first time doing this and opening up about my illness. My parents dont know about my illness but i intend to tell them before the end of this year. Since my illness, I have changed physically and mentally which is very hard. I just completed my cycle of cyctoxan in april. I'm ok but i just wish i can be better it feels like I'm leading a secret life.

hippimom2
09-30-2005, 04:41 AM
Welcome Gabogunrin. I know what you mean about lupus changing you both physically and mentally. So many things have changed in my life the past 2 years and I have had to give up so many things I used to enjoy. I go through intense periods of grief. I am glad you are going to tell your family soon. I don't know what I'd do without the support of my family and a few close friend. Glad you are here. Take care

catlady4520
09-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Welcome! I see you finished your cycle of Cytoxan....did it help! Tomorrow is my halfway mark for my Cytoxan...I hate it. Last time I got sooo sick. I haven't lost any hair but the nausea is bad even with the dr having Zofran added to my IV. You should tell your family now in case it gets worse with the stress of the holidays. I have lupus of the brain and started having seizures in April. Am on seizure meds but stopped having seizures about 3 mos ago. Has your dr put you on an oral immunosuppressant? I'm supposed to go on Cellcept after I finish the Cytoxan.