PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga and Lupus

magistramarla
05-25-2010, 09:31 AM
I don't know if anyone here is a fan of Lady Gaga, but I just spotted this on the CNN site. She has a connection to Lupus.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/05/25/lady.gaga.lupus.ppl/index.html?hpt=T3
Marla

rob
05-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Not a fan, and I don't really know much about her other than she's become a household name I hear alot. Hope she doesn't have Lupus, but if she does, I hope she would use her popularity to increase awareness.

admin
05-25-2010, 10:04 AM
I didn't get to meet her personally, but she came to see our ZAIA Cirque show last year when she did a performance at the Venetian in Macau. Um.....without getting into gossip I'll just say that her lifestyle can be a little exhausting.... She was supposed to do a photo shoot with us after the show but she was.....um.... not in a state to do that.

Will be interesting to see if it's just lifestyle that's getting her right now or there's an underlying cause.

Saysusie
05-25-2010, 10:45 AM
I've heard of her and seen reports about her, all of which hint about her excessive lifestyle. I, too, hope that she does not have Lupus or any type of auto-immune disorder, but if she does, her current lifestyle does very little to further our cause :-(

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

DrinkofWtr
05-27-2010, 03:55 PM
I only wonder how long she will be able to keep up her fanatic lifestyle, if indeed, she has lupus?

Angel Oliver
05-27-2010, 05:23 PM
I like her music and her fashion is so fab.But i wouldnt be able to wear it.I'll go look at the link,thanks.Funny...Conrad...yes once the fame hits the lifestyle follows!

tgal
05-27-2010, 07:57 PM
I read about this yesterday as well. I also read that her Aunt had Lupus and the article stated that she died from it as well. Not sure when that happened or how accurate it was but that is what was going around the rumor mill yesterday

wolfwhisper
05-28-2010, 01:57 AM
I'll check out the link. I really do hope that she doesn't have it, and I'm not a fan. My friend listens to her alot though. I've got feelings mixed between Rob and Saysusie. Sadly, I doubt that her fame will do anything for Lupus. Unless they bring it up more often, then it's more like a passing fancy type of thing. It's the same thing about new people learning about Rod Stewart and Thyroid cancer. If you don't catch it on the new or comercial, it turns into a word-of-mouth conversation. Again though, I really hope that awarness can be spread, whether or not she has it.

admin
05-28-2010, 09:52 AM
I do a fair amount of clubbing here in Macau. "Poker Face" is still played every night - several times.

SandyR
05-28-2010, 04:35 PM
I do a fair amount of clubbing here in Macau. "Poker Face" is still played every night - several times.

Have you heard the version of that done by a young boy (about 12) that is the latest Youtube hit? I like it much better!

magistramarla
05-30-2010, 03:16 PM
I've never heard her music, but I have seen her appear on TV talk shows a couple of times. She seems really outrageous. It is interesting that her aunt definitely had lupus and that now there seems to be some question that she might have it, too. It seems to be a bit more proof that this stuff is genetic.
If she does have it, hopefully she will use her outspokenness and her fame to draw some attention to Lupus.
Hugs,
Marla

mountaindreamer
05-30-2010, 07:31 PM
i have seen an interview with her, and saw a lady who went to the extreme to entertain, (sort of like Madonna - early years), but appeared to be a normal person in private. I hope she does not have lupus, but if she does, i hope she adopts life changes that will minimize the severity of the disease.

the wingless one
06-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Just saw this Larry King Live interview with her where she talks about lupus http://perezhilton.com/2010-06-01-lady-gaga-talks-lupus-michael-jackson-and-the-gays-with-larry-king

You can't test "borderline positive" for lupus right? She must be talking about testing positive for some of the indicators of lupus?