PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Migraines

ritzbit
05-25-2010, 09:21 AM
I have been having some really bad headaches for about 2 weeks and last night it turned into a really horrible migraine. My head still hurts today (like it has for weeks) but its not like it was last night. It literally felt like my head was going to explode and nothing was helping. I laid in my living room crying for an hour while my mom looked for things to help. I was lying under a blanket because the light made it about a thousand times worse and so did loud noises (and I had to go to church with my brothers last night; loud echoing piano didnt help at all). I woke up this morning so confused and took a shower trying to remember if I had school today then went to lie down and fell asleep and missed the bus. I told my doctor at my last appointment about my headaches and she didnt give any advice about what to do for them. What would you suggest?

Bonita
05-25-2010, 10:12 AM
I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering and i hope that you soon get some relief. I have been having episodes lately with my short term memory and foggy feelings and then the sickening headachs started along with the circles and flashes of lights in my eyes. My doctor wants me to go to a neurologist because he thinks i have visual migranes. I have not had migranes for about 30 years. Lupus gives us so much to look forward to. I am under so much stress with my whole family not talking to one another and being caught in the middle i think this just agravates the headaches. Bonita

ritzbit
05-25-2010, 10:27 AM
That sounds frustrating. I hope you figure out whats causing all that. I pretty much just want to hit my head against the wall. And that makes sense to no one. It gets worse as the day goes on. And Im out of Excedrin which hasnt even been helping me anyway. My stomach has been messed up too. Last night I wanted to puke and this morning hasn't been fun. I hate soft drinks but I've been drinking them because someone told me caffeine can help.

Nonna
05-25-2010, 10:45 AM
You really should see a neurologist. Headaches are a sign that something is not right. Notice I said not right instead of wrong. This could be minor but it's always better to be safe than sorry

nonna

ritzbit
05-25-2010, 10:50 AM
My rheumy doesnt seem concerned though. But then again I dont really like her lol she likes to blow off what I think is important. I dont know. Maybe I'll ask my mom to look into it.

Hunniebun
05-27-2010, 01:56 PM
I get migranes too and I just deal with them by being in the dark, a cold cloth, and staying quiet. If you don't like your rheumy I'd switch up! Especially if she blows things off?

ritzbit
05-27-2010, 03:59 PM
I would but my mom wont let me. Sucks being 17.

Angel Oliver
05-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Sorry Ritz to hear you have migraines.I too have had em really bad lately.Im on Migraleave and they do help me a little,take that total head pain down a notch.I think you need to shake that Doctor till he does take this serious.Let me know how you are.
lots of love
Amanda.xxxx

ritzbit
05-28-2010, 12:59 PM
They called me and told me today they dont think its lupus related. But my doctor didnt even do the right blood work in my opinion. I hate her.