PDA

View Full Version : vommiting

SarahK21
05-14-2010, 02:51 AM
does any one feel naseous or vomit after eating? This happens to me about everyother day. It's usually around lunch time and when I'm at work. I get get so sick I can barley function. I don't know what to do. I have meds but they make me sleep and I can't do that while at work. I see the doctor next thursday. I am already taking tons of medicine so I prefer not to use any otc's.

SandyR
05-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Hi Sarah,

Some questions your post brought to mind:
-do you have a GI issue???
-Have you mentioned this to your doc? and what did they say?
-do you take morning meds or before bed meds that have nausea as a side effect? if so, will your doc let you take them at different times and do you take them with food in your stomach?
-is it only lunch time?

Sandy

SarahK21
05-15-2010, 04:45 AM
They thought that I might have a GI issue, but could never find anything. I see the doctor on Thursday so I will have to tell him then. I dont think that my meds have nausea as a side effect, the only thing I can think of is the prednisone. That is the most recent medicine that i have started. Everything else has been ok. Im not sure if the prednisone had that side effect. And yes, it has only been around lunch time. Go figure.

SandyR
05-16-2010, 03:17 PM
hmmmm...I will be looking to see what the dr says but my best guess if it only happens at lunch is that they will either suggest you eat breakfast (if you don't already) since the nausea could be from blood sugar dips and spikes or to move around your med times/dosages if that can cause nausea. I am really sympathetic to your situation today - been nauseaous all day - I think from being outdoors all day yesterday. smh.

unspeakablejoy
06-04-2010, 08:18 PM
oh, i'm nauseous all the time! sometimes, its not even after i eat, its just hits me right out of the blue. its usually like every other day too. :(