PDA

View Full Version : Happy World Lupus Day

wrightrs
05-10-2010, 10:02 AM
May 10th is world lupus day. I'm celebrating it with a flare

brandichi
05-10-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm so sorry you're in a flare, wrightrs. I hope it passes quickly for you!

I had forgotten today is World Lupus Day!! I think I'll celebrate by eating a healthy dinner (for once, lately, lol!), and get to bed early so that I'm taking good care of my body.

Nonna
05-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Guess I'm celebrating it in Flare also.

nonna

not happy today, in tears most of the time. this is not fun

rob
05-10-2010, 12:04 PM
May 10th is world lupus day. I'm celebrating it with a flare

So am I. It sucks. I'm in a rotten frakking mood today. Everything I try to do ends up a mess. Dropping things, knocking stuff over, you know what I mean. Just GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Rob

ritzbit
05-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Sorry you guys are feelin down. Im spending my evening at a volunteer meeting at St. Elizabeth =)

Hunniebun
05-10-2010, 03:29 PM
I too am stuck in flare, and I didn't even know it was world lupus day, going to write it down!
Ugh rob...I know how that goes, I drop things and knock stuff over ALL THE TIME, makes me sooooo upset.

Saysusie
05-11-2010, 11:27 AM
How awful..I, too, am celebrating in a flare. But, I did wear my colors yesterday (the 10th)!

brandichi
05-11-2010, 12:37 PM
What are the colors? I heard from one person with lupus it was purple and from someone else it was orange. Either way, I forgot about that yesterday. I did order some cool purple glasses though! :)

Lots of gentle hugs to all of you in a flare right now.

magistramarla
05-11-2010, 06:07 PM
So, what was it about May 10th? I was sick all day yesterday, too. I also had a very bad night last night - awake every two hours, awful dreams. I don't like taking the Baclofen, because it makes me sleep too much, but when I forget it, like last night, I suffer.
I've been feeling better today - I hope that today has been better for the rest of you!
Hugs,
Marla

P.S. I did do something positive for World Lupus Day. I finally have created a Facebook page (mostly to keep up with the kids and grandkids). When I set mine up, I set up links to both The Lupus Foundation and The Sjogren's Foundation and explained why I did so on my "wall".

capncrunch
05-11-2010, 07:54 PM
i've tried to celebrate it by eating tons of junk food lol

tgal
05-11-2010, 09:08 PM
In a flare as well but I too wore my purple. I alos asked all my facebook friends to wear purple and remember the day as well. Maybe one day there will be a bit more understanding about all of this. Hope everyone feels better soon!