PDA

View Full Version : bumps on head

pjreeses
05-09-2010, 05:57 AM
i have a couple of bumps on my head that are hard and painful to the touch. feels like i have a pea under my scalp. does anyone else have these?

Bonita
05-09-2010, 07:20 AM
my grandaughter is going to the dermatologist this week for the same thing. Bonita

pjreeses
05-09-2010, 05:19 PM
oh please let me know how it goes. hope for the best :^)

Melissa_Loss
05-10-2010, 02:16 AM
Please have them check right away they maybe able to stop them from worsing!! It is to late for me it started out with the hard painful bumps and then it fell out 70% hair loss.

pjreeses
05-10-2010, 09:49 AM
i have alopecia and have had bald spots the size of softballs. i haven't had a flare up in a while. but i've never had these bumps before. i don't think mine are related.

karenboss
05-10-2010, 12:59 PM
I get these, but no hair loss. they itch then scab over, I guess it's from scratching. I hate them but they really arn't more than a nuscance for me. I use tar shampoo, someone here recommended it. It stinks to high heaven but seems to work.

good luck -

Sherry47
05-13-2010, 10:28 PM
I have a quarter sized bump but not painful...

Mommyof1
05-14-2010, 08:28 AM
I have one bump that I have noticed has been there for weeks now. It is maybe a lil smaller than a pea but is sore to the touch. I tried to get my mom to look for me but she said she couldn't see anything. I am going to email my rheumy about it so she can look at it at my next appt June 3rd. Any ideas on what it is? If it was folliculitis I would think itd be gone by now.

Oh its also hard to the touch as well...thought Id mention that.

karenboss
05-17-2010, 02:59 PM
I think they are really hard to see. I sometimes get them in my hair line so I can feel them but they aren't red and don't make much to look at. What I get arn't really sore, they itch a bit then sometimes scap over. I get them in small size and quantity even when lupus is quite.