PDA

View Full Version : Hallucinations

SarahK21
05-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Does anyone suffer from hallucinations? I have been hearing the doorbell ring for the past few days, but when I go look, there is never anyone there. I dont think it is a prank, my dog doesnt seem to here it. She just continues to lay. I feel like I am going crazy! I dont know if it is a side effect of all the drugs that I am on, or if it is a symptom. I hope that I am not losing it big time!

SandyR
05-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Hallucinations are not a prank. You should call your dr immediately. It could be a sign of something important going on in your body. It could also be nothing major. Either way, hallucinations are not normal and should be addressed immediately since you are not purposely inducing them. Call your doctor! And please let us know what happens.
Sandy

magistramarla
05-07-2010, 01:51 PM
This is so funny! I often had the exact same thing happen. I would swear that someone was ringing our doorbell in the middle of the night. I often made my poor hubby get up to check. When we had teenagers in the house, we blamed their friends, thinking that they were playing pranks.
As it turned out, it was a symptom of my Meniere's Syndrome, which my rheumy is now calling Autoimmune Inner Ear Disorder.
Sarah, are you having any tinnitus (ringing in the ears), strange sounds and feelings in your ears, or vertigo (dizziness)?
If so, ask to be evaluated by an otologist. And please don't blame the neighborhood kids - LOL.
Hugs,
Marla