PDA

View Full Version : A Great Evening for me

magistramarla
05-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Hi Everyone,
Well, I was just elected to be the second vice president of the NPS Officers' Spouses' Club for the next school year! I love to get involved in things, and I've gone and put my foot into it again. I've served on executive boards for Spouses' Clubs before, so I know what I just got myself into.
The next two months are going to be nuts for me. The Naval Postgraduate School is celebrating it's 100th anniversary, and I'm involved with the huge wine & beer tasting and silent auction on May 28th. I've been helping to get donations for the auction and I'll man the ticket table at the event. On May 29th, we'll attend the formal gala - ball gowns and mess dress uniforms! On June 5th, we'll be attending a Navy Dining out - another formal. I'm used to AF Dining outs, so this one should be very interesting. I'll post pictures after the events. I may be biased, but I think that my sweetie is extremely handsome in his formal mess dress uniform.
On June 12th, we leave for Greece! I'm sooo excited about that trip!
Have a great night,
Hugs,
Marla

wolfwhisper
05-04-2010, 01:19 AM
Congrats Marla! I'm happy to hear your news. It sounds very exciting. As long as you enjoy doing the work, it shouldn't be as stressful. Especially because you get to see your hubby in his uni! Also, I wish I could go to Greece. I've only seen photos, but it looks gorgeous! Hope you have a lot of fun in the upcoming weeks. Can't wait to see your pictures!

wishing the best,
Nicole

BonusMom
05-04-2010, 03:01 AM
Congrats on your appointment, Marla! You'll be a fabulous addition to the committee and they're lucky to have you.

It sounds like you're gonna be a busy lady until you depart for Greece. Don't forget to take care of yourself while you're volunteering and attending all those galas! You and DH will make a handsome couple...can't wait to see the pix!

Nonna
05-04-2010, 04:11 AM
Go Marla, you rock

Nonna

ex navy spouse myself

brandichi
05-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Congratulations, Marla!!! I'm so happy for you, and I know you'll do a fabulous job on the committee. Good for you!! It sounds like a wonderful couple of months - enjoy all of it, have a wonderful time, and post pics of the formal events. (And Greece too, of course!) Be sure to take good care of yourself too!

SandyR
05-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Congrats Madame Vice President!

Saysusie
05-04-2010, 09:24 PM
WOW!! It all sounds so wonderful and I can't wait to see you and your handsome hubby (in his dress uniform). And Greece!!!! I am so happy for you and I can hear your excitement in your post! Many congratulations:laugh:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie