PDA

View Full Version : B-12

MicRoMediC
04-30-2010, 07:30 AM
I've been seeing a neurologist for some problems but he's possibly thinking a MS diagnosis. Anyway my B-12 level is low which is weird because I've been taking 200% of B-12. Apparently MS can cause low B-12 levels because the body breaks it down but not in a good way...Any input on this? They're starting me on ultra high doses on Monday. Thanks.
Micromedic

Saysusie
05-04-2010, 10:27 PM
B12 deficiency has been found to be common amongst those suffering from MS. Previously, B12 deficiency was not recognized in MS patients, and as such, treatment with B12 was not considered. However, recent tests have shown that the symptoms of MS patients treated with B12 injections did not have deterioration of their condition. This was a positive sign in a disease that almost always gets worse.

I hope that this was a bit helpful for you.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

karenboss
05-05-2010, 06:50 AM
Hi Micromedic -
sorry I don't know anything about this - but I hope they can get your levels corrected soon and you can get to the bottom of the MS mystery.

Do you think Lupus and MS are common bed partners?

BonusMom
05-06-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm afraid I don't know the answer, but am interested to read the responses.

Several months ago, I developed several mouth ulcers. When the rheumy ran my labs, she found that my WBC's were low. I began taking B6 and B12 and then my rheumy called in an rx for 4mg of folic acid daily. My WBCs returned to normal. When I was in the hospital last week, my WBCs were low again at 2.5 (normal is 4.5) and the RBW (I think) was low also)

Have I mentioned that I hate autoimmune diseases?

scubagramplit
05-09-2010, 07:27 PM
I like the new picture Karen. How is Boise treating you?

Hi Micromedic -
sorry I don't know anything about this - but I hope they can get your levels corrected soon and you can get to the bottom of the MS mystery.

Do you think Lupus and MS are common bed partners?