PDA

View Full Version : My Poor Kitty!

smokerscat94
04-28-2010, 12:46 AM
Had to put my kitty smokers to sleep today she lost her fight with small cell cancer in her jaw.:hissyfit: She was 13 yrs old so she lived a pretty long life! It doesn't make it any easier she was my baby girl. She is with god now and not in pain. may she rest in peace. 5-21-96 - 4-27-10

Nonna
04-28-2010, 03:12 AM
Cats are wonderful friends. They love you no matter what, they tell you when they've had enough. They take care of themselves, especially when you can't.

Here's a loving (((((((HUG))))))))for you and a sweet prayer for kitty, :newangel:

nonna
:cry3::cry3:

Pepsi slept due to cancer 1987
Sneeze slept due to degenerative neuro disease 1989
Stormy slept because his kidneys were failing and after giving him IV's every night I could not handle it any more. 2007

rob
04-28-2010, 03:53 AM
I'm sorry about Smokers Jen. I know just how hard this is, as I had to put my cat Buford to sleep a few years ago because of stomach cancer. He was 13 years old also. It was an awful day that still makes me sad even though it was many years ago. He came from the humane society, and after he was gone I immediately went and adopted another cat from them, my cat Sophie. I figured the best way I could honor his memory was to give another wonderful animal a home.

Cats are amazing animals, and pets of all kinds quickly become family, so losing one is very hard to deal with. I'm sorry you lost your friend.

Rob

tgal
04-28-2010, 05:34 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Pets are the one constant we have when it feels like no one else understands. I know this is a very hard time for you and my thoughts are with you

debbie-b
04-28-2010, 02:10 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of hugs.

Debbie

alovinghusband
04-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Pets really do become part of the family and its always hard to let them go,most of our dogs and cats came from the humane society and we dealt with their issues that they came with and all of them turned out to be the best pets ever, we lost our german shepherd dog last summer and me and my wife still miss him but we know that the 8 years we had him that he never wanted for anything,and in return he was fearless and totally dedicated to our well being and safety we were given a very special friend that no one else wanted and although the time seemed all to short we will always have memories of him and we know that he was content.

abbasgirl
04-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Oh SC...I'm so sorry. How very sad.

magistramarla
04-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Jen,
I feel for you so much! She looked just exactly like my kitty, Bexar. We had to put both him and his best buddy, Kool Cat to sleep last August. They were both nearly 18 years old and could no longer get around or even groom themselves any longer. I really miss those two old guys. I'm so glad that we still have Casper and Dax. Cats are the best pets in the world!
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

smokerscat94
04-28-2010, 09:44 PM
thanks for the hugs and thoughts! She was my baby girl I feel like I lost my child! Our other cats (kids) have been more effectionate today lots of lovies and staying close. They know I am sad and why! I had a dream about her last night, kind of corny, but she told me she was ok and I did the right thing. weird huh?... I'm not crazy!!! anyway we will miss our girl, thanks fir all of your support, u guys always seem to help me feel better.

Hillbillie
04-28-2010, 09:54 PM
i am so sorry for your loss. Hang on to those 13 years of memories. What a life she must have had. So many pets are abused and unloved, Consider honoring her by giving love to another pet. We have plenty of them that need somone to love them. Cats have a way of winding around your feet and all the while they are wrapping theimselves around your heart. BJ

mountaindreamer
04-29-2010, 08:43 AM
i responded to your fb announcement about your baby. in the message, i told you that she would be around to visit....and she has already let you know that she loves you, and that you made the right choice. I know you miss her so much, and i hope your sadness begins to subside very soon.

the love for our pets can be equivalent to the love we have for our family....after all, they are family.

hugs to you,

DrinkofWtr
04-29-2010, 03:16 PM
I am so sorry you had to put your cat, Smokers, to sleep. I miss all the cats that I have had in the past that passed away. I am looking to adopt one as soon as I can get my life together a little better. I am allowed to have a pet where I live now. The last two apartments I lived in did not allow pets. Perhaps you may consider adopting another one soon. Cats are so amazing, so smart and independent.

smokerscat94
04-29-2010, 06:16 PM
We have 5 other cats but it's not the same. They all have their own personalites, I will be ok in time. Yes u did tell me Phyllis you were right! Gracie and Blaze have been taaking extra good care of me.

I haven't told many people on here this but I am having aalot of nerve problems I slammed my thumb in car door and didn't feel a thing, now can't feel that whole hand. completely useless. tingly all the way up past elbow. numbness and tingling in face, my speech is all messed up, weird taste and smell changes, different parts of my body go numb whenever for no reason not positional. the headaches are being controlled for now by topamax, so I am seeing neurologist in wenatchee on the 12 of may for several hrs of tests. also have been referred to the university of washington neirological dept so I have faith someone will figure out what the heck is going on in my body. needless to say I have been a little freaked out by this stuff too.

thanks for the support I will try 2 keep updating everyone but I am typing 1 handed.

Jen

Saysusie
04-29-2010, 06:33 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your sweet kitty. I am glad that your other cats are doing what they can to fill the void.
You and I spoke about your thumb earlier and I am so sorry to hear that your entire hand is now numb and you are experiencing tingling all of the way up to your elbow. I truly hope that your appointment on the 12th with the neurologist will give you some answers!
You are in my thoughts

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
04-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Jen,
I sure hope that the neuro has some answers for you. Those symptoms are scary. Take care of yourself (and your 5 babies!) and please keep us updated.
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

wrightrs
04-29-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm so sorry. My cat is like my child also since I could not have children. It so hard to put a pet to sleep. I wish they could live as long as ppl.

SandyR
04-30-2010, 06:31 AM
I am sorry to hear about your kitty. I am glad she was able to see you in your dream. I hope your heart will heal soon and that the memories of her will keep you and your other fur babies strong. I also hope that the neurologist finds out what's going on with you and it is an easy thing to fix.