PDA

View Full Version : Duromine!

giggle
04-26-2010, 11:06 PM
I had a tumour during pregnancy that wiped out my metabolism. After the tumour was removed, I put on a shocking 50kgs. Becoming a gym junky did nothing to remove the weight and I lost hope. I stopped trying all together. Anyway, eventually I got a bit of my metabolism back and the weight started pouring off like someone had flicked a switch. I lost 40kgs. However... I am still overweight, my metabolism hadnt fully recovered and my weight has been slightly up and down for a while now.

My doctor has put me on Duromine to recover my metabolism... so far so good, I have lost 7kgs. I still need another 15kgs gone.

What is most interesting about all this and applies to the lupus theme... is it has improved my lupus symptoms. :laugh:
I have a lot less fog most of the time, no joint pain to speak of (the first time in a long time), more energy and I actually feel asthough I am living. My life normally feels like a dream.

Has anyone else taken this stuff?

I am going to be sad to have to wean off it, it has been great feeling 'normal' for once :)

Ari

karenboss
05-04-2010, 09:55 AM
sounds like a miracle drug! weight loss AND lupus control! congradulations - glad you are feeling so good, you deserve it.

Saysusie
05-04-2010, 10:29 PM
I've never taken it, but I am so happy to hear that it is working for your weight loss and your Lupus symptoms :laugh:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie