PDA

View Full Version : Nobody from Canada, Eh?

Hunniebun
04-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Hmm it seems like nobody on this board is from Canada. Boy do I feel left out...lol.

rob
04-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Hi Hunniebun,

My Mom was born in New Brunswick, so technically, I'm 1/2 Canadian. And if I really squint my eyes on a clear day, I can almost see Nova Scotia.
Do you feel a little better now?:laugh:

Seriously, we do have quite a few members here from Canada, but not many of them are currently active. SitsInTheCorner is from Nova Scotia, but I haven't seen her post in a long time. We have a few members from the Vancouver area as well, though I can't recall their names at the moment. Just keep an eye out, and you'll catch them here sooner or later. I grew up in a small town called Houlton, Maine, literally right on the border. I used to work at the Duty Free Shop, and my father was with U.S. Customs, and worked with the RCMP quite often. I used to spend my summers at my Aunt and Uncle's house in the town of Hartland, New Brunswick, home of the worlds longest covered bridge. My Grandparents are buried there, and I visit the town a couple of times a year, I love it there. I also have family in Fredericton N.B. and Windsor, Ontario.

Rob

PS-I also have a cousin who is a well known Canadian figure skater, Brian Orser.

Hunniebun
04-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Yay! haha, it does make me feel a bit better lmao.

That's where I live, in the Vancouver area, I just haven't noticed anybody posting who was from Canada. I've lived in Alberta too, been to Sask, and was just in Quebec last summer. I've only ever gone to Washington in the states, I live really close to the border. I'm really hoping to move to Ontario one day, it may be a lot colder on the east coast, but its way dryer, the west is just too wet!

I'll keep an eye out for the Canadians, thanks Rob : )

debbie-b
04-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Yay! haha, it does make me feel a bit better lmao.

That's where I live, in the Vancouver area, I just haven't noticed anybody posting who was from Canada. I've lived in Alberta too, been to Sask, and was just in Quebec last summer. I've only ever gone to Washington in the states, I live really close to the border. I'm really hoping to move to Ontario one day, it may be a lot colder on the east coast, but its way dryer, the west is just too wet!

I'll keep an eye out for the Canadians, thanks Rob : )

Hey if you do that, we will be almost neighbors, I live in Rochester NY and go to Niagara Falls often. When you live in Ontario, we could meet.
I love the weather here, I can't stand heat or high humitity.

See you in Ontario.

Debbie

Hunniebun
04-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Might be a couple of years or more but I'll keep it in mind : )

TrinaD
01-17-2011, 06:56 AM
I'm from Toronto, eh! lol

Hunniebun
01-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Nice! Bonjour! lol, always happy to see another Canadian.

bunny28
03-07-2011, 01:16 PM
I am in Canada...Ontario

panda_lupo
06-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Hi =)

Im from Calgary, AB

bunny28
06-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Rob just noticed on re-reading this that you are Brian Orser's cousin. Very cool! He was the first athlete whose name I knew and my mom and I once saved pennies in a jar to go to the Canadian Champioships to see him!

Hi Panda_lupo!

Linda From Australia
06-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Bunny did you go to see Brian Orser with all the money you saved up???

I remember my kids saved their pocket money and put it in a jar so they could buy their dad a Kayak for his 40th birthday. The shop assistant took one look at the jar and said "you have got to be joking? Go to the bank and come back when you have real money"

Twinmama
06-13-2011, 06:07 AM
Hi,
I'm originally from Vancouver, BC and have moved to Stoney Creek, Ontario last year (toronto are).
Nice to meet you :)

bunny28
06-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Bunny did you go to see Brian Orser with all the money you saved up???

I remember my kids saved their pocket money and put it in a jar so they could buy their dad a Kayak for his 40th birthday. The shop assistant took one look at the jar and said "you have got to be joking? Go to the bank and come back when you have real money"

Yup! Though I don't know if Mom changed the money into bills first, lol.

We actually went to see him but had to leave early as my mother had double booked herself. The one and only time she ever planned a surprise party for anyone was for my dad's 40th birthday party and it was the same night as the championships we had saved for a year to go see! lol

We went again a few years later though to a show and even sat on the ice (seats on the ice) and I even got a hug ;) if I remember...from him and Kurt Browning!

ruziska
06-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Hey, I'm in Montana which is next door to Canada and less than 2 hours drive away. Some days we have more Canadians in town than locals. Does that count? lol

rob
06-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Rob just noticed on re-reading this that you are Brian Orser's cousin. Very cool! He was the first athlete whose name I knew and my mom and I once saved pennies in a jar to go to the Canadian Champioships to see him!

Hi Panda_lupo!

Hey, that's very cool! Brian is really a great guy, very humble and down to earth.

running girl
06-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Happy Canada Day! I'm brand new to this forum, and brand new to lupus. I'm in Waterloo, Ontario.

...and Happy Independence Day to my neighbours to the south.

rob
06-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Happy Canada day to you too! I'm in the state of Maine, but my mother is from Bristol, New Brunswick. I share a Canadian and American heritage, and I love them both.

Rob

BTW-Welcome to our group!

CanadianGal
06-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Hi,

I'm from BC. I saw your post earlier but I had forgotten my logon and password--I just came across the "safe" place that I put. Damn brain fog!

Hunniebun
07-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Nice, you're from Duncan! Yay another BC'er! I live in Abbotsford and I don't know how far away that is from Duncan?

bunny28
07-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Hey Runningirl! I am in Ontario too. (Eastern though). I am new to lupus (diagnosed in Feb) and fairly new to this site as well. Lupus Ontario and lupus canada have some good info and try to see if you can find out about a Walk for Lupus in your area (will be next May unfortunately) but it is a good starting point for networking in your area. There are free info packages you can get from one of those organizations and online versions of some things to read too. One of the Ontario organziations, there are two, also has a small membership fee to pay and then they send you newletters etc. I don't know if any of this interests you but I do know that when first diagnosed I was thirsty for knowledge and didn't know where to start looking. I also found The Lupus Book by Dr. Wallace (recommended by many WHL members) a great ressource for the scientific stuff. Best wishes! Bunny

Hi Canadiangirl! Good to see there are two of you in BC now on here at least!

Tammy2011
08-04-2011, 08:45 PM
i am from canada im in windsor on