PDA

View Full Version : Ugh!!!

Hunniebun
04-19-2010, 06:29 PM
MAN, I know this isn't too big of a deal but out of no where I ended up with a really bad case of Strep Throat. Went to the doctor and he told me its prednisones fault, putting me right out there for catching anything and everything that decides to come my way. It's bad enough having to deal with the everyday pain and feeingl like CRAP from the disease itself, and now this...Grrr...I HATE strep throat, the never ending fire in my throat, makes it so hard to sleep or even eat some things because swallowing is painful.
I'm on antibiotics for 10 days so hopefully this can be licked quick but geeze...I don't want to catch more infections :( I wash my hands all the time). I totally feel like I could light a piece of wood on fire just by breathing on it. My throat is all swollen and painful to touch on the outside too, even talking is painful and my voice comes and goes, hope it goes away soon, its making me very irritable already (can ya tell? haha)

Not staying home from work because there's nobody there I can pass the infection on to, its just horses, and I can't afford to lose any money so I have to go anyway.
*shakes fist* darn you autoimmune diseases!

rob
04-20-2010, 08:08 AM
I think one of the most common thread titles here is the infamous "Ugh!!!". I've not had strep in years, but the last time I had it was quite memorable, as it was hell. Try to pace
yourself while working, and rest as much as you can when you are not working. Anything that causes pain while doing such a basic bodily function as swallowing, just sucks.
Please go easy on yourself, and get well soon.

Rob

Saysusie
04-20-2010, 09:41 AM
I just want to "ditto" everything that Rob said. Take it easy on yourself and I do hope that the antibiotics start to give you some relief soon!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

DrinkofWtr
04-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Untreated strep is nothing too fool with because it can cause complications which are really bad. Therefore, I am so glad you got it diagnosed and are on antibiotics.

Hunniebun
04-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Yeah this is the second time I've had it, it really is miserable. The "fire" has gone down a tiny bit but I still feel absolutely horrible. I wish I could get the day off or a few days off even but my boss doesn't seem to want to let that happen (she's not a bad person, she just has issues and she's grown up rich/still is rich). I work at the boarding stable 5 days a week, I'm the single employee during the week so if I don't show up, she has to work as there's no one else, and she doesn't want to do that, and then I feel bad for getting sick and not being able to come and so on and so on, plus I worry about losing money as I don't make that much as it is and need every cent I can get for my bills.
I already feel sick on a day to day basis and I can never control how I feel (she thinks I can, so she still doesn't fully understand that there's nothing I can do) so I guess she thinks shes does a lot for me already, I dunno? Believe me I WANT to keep working, I want to have a career but its getting difficult, and HECK I'm only 23 years old, what am I supposed to do? File for disability? I bet I'd be denied in a snap.

*sigh* just resting right now, will probably go to work for the rest of the week, hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and not the same or worse.

Hunniebun
04-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Well I feel exactly the same today and was running a fever last night so, this morning I called her at 6a.m. saying I was not coming. She has to do the work, and I can't believe I feel bad for taking a sick day, argh...Oh well, hope this goes away soon, spending the day sleeping pretty much today.
Thanks for the replies.