PDA

View Full Version : Have a great weekend, all!

magistramarla
04-14-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm off to San Francisco again tomorrow. I have to get my Botox injection into the vocal chord so that I can talk again for a few months. I'll ride the bus up there, and Jeff will come to get me on Friday, but he's staying over with me Friday night, so that we can play in SF for a bit. I won't be talking at all for a few days, so he'll have every man's dream - a weekend out with a silent wife!
I'll get back to writing those reports on Sunday!
Have a great, pain-free weekend,
Hugs to all,
Marla

Saysusie
04-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Marla;
You have a beautiful weekend in San Francisco...eat a bowl of clam chowder in the sourdough bowl for me:yes:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
04-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Have a lovely time and hope it all goes ok. lol i giggled at the silent wife comment :)

love Amanda.xxxx

mountaindreamer
04-16-2010, 07:51 AM
marla,

have a wonderful time in SF....thanks again for your conference reports.

magistramarla
04-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Hey girls,
Our R&R time was lots of fun. Jeff brought my wheelchair, and he pushed me around the huge downtown Macy's on Friday evening. On Saturday morning, he took me to Fisherman's Wharf and we explored for a long time. We went to China Town for lunch. Being pushed down those steep hills was very frightening! We explored and then stopped for a lovely lunch of Mu Shu Pork. The bad thing was that there was incense burning in the restaurant and it nearly gave me a migraine. Jeff left me sitting in a lovely little park where a lot of little old Chinese men were listening to a concert while he went to get the car. That was an experience. I felt like I was in an Asian country again, not the U.S.
We then drove across the Bay Bridge to Berkeley. It's a lovely little college town - the university is beautiful and there was a Half Price Books there for us to run amok in - I miss having that bookstore near my home.
After we drove back home that evening we went to a party at the home of one of the other PHD students. It was no wonder that I was exhausted on Sunday. I had to get back up on Monday and head back to SF for more doctor appointments on Tuesday.
I have been doing nothing but vegging today.
Hugs,
Marla

rob
04-22-2010, 01:34 AM
What was the name of the restaurant you ate at? When I was a kid, my father worked alot in Chinatown and he used to take us to this place called Dragon A Go-Go. A little hole in the wall down a back alley off Grant street. San Francisco is one of my favorite places to visit. There's this awesome model train store called Chan's down near Ghiradelli Square. Last time I was there, the credit card took a serious beating! I'm glad you're not feeling too badly from your tests and botox. Go easy on yourself, and take it easy.

Rob

Bonita
04-22-2010, 07:28 AM
Wow that is something i do not envy anyone to get. But i am glad that you had a wonderfull time and your husband is so supportive. Love and prayers Bonita

Nonna
04-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Wow, did you make me sorry I left there. Oh the memories you revived. I lived in Pacifica in the early 70's; I can't remember the name of the town on the other side of the Golden Gate. that place was alot of fun too.

Nonna

magistramarla
04-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Rob,
I'm sorry, but my head was so out of it that I don't remember the name of the restaurant. It wasn't Dragon a go-go, though. I really do enjoy the city. When David comes to visit, and then when Meg and little Ryan come, we'll probably make trips there to show them around. At least then I won't be dealing with medical appointments.
Nonna, I think that going back to Texas is going to be very difficult for me. I'm really loving California.
Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
04-23-2010, 03:30 AM
Marla, I've got good memories of Texas too. My son Jeff lived in Round Rock, I got to spend a lot of time exploring Austin and Lake Travis. There was a restaurant that went down the side of the cliff/hill. It burned before Jeff left for Milwaukee; but he said they were rebuilding. Food was okay but the view was fantastic!
Now I get to explore Wisconsin

nonna