PDA

View Full Version : Miles Update

Leksie
04-13-2010, 02:20 PM
My little one had to get a blood transfusion today due to anemia, but he doing well otherwise. Miles is now 3 pounds 4 ounces. It is amazing how different he looks everyday!
My MIL is still on life support but showing signs of improvement. I will never understand why people choose to smoke cigarettes, how selfish can you be! Quitting is hard but death is hard on everyone you know. I pray she recovers.

Thanks to my WHL fam!!

magistramarla
04-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Good news on all fronts, Leksie,
Miles is growing well. Is the rule still that they get to go home at 5 lbs.? If so, he's getting there!
Cigarettes are what cut my dear MIL's life short, too. I married the only non-smoker in the family. I can't believe that his brothers still smoke after what they saw their mother go through. I hope that she recovers and gets the chance to meet Miles.
How are you doing, sweetie? Are you taking care of yourself? Rest up, because that little man will be quite a job when you get him home!
Lots of Hugs,
Marla

rob
04-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Hi Leksie,

I know you've had some tough times lately. I'm happy to hear that there is some good news. I don't understand the whole smoking thing either.

Rob

Saysusie
04-13-2010, 09:10 PM
I am happy to hear that your little one is doing well after the blood transfusion. I am sorry about your MIL. I know that quitting the cigarrette habit is very, very difficult for some. My best friend's mother died of cancer because she continued to smoke even after developing lung cancer and being told that she was virtually killing herself. She just could not quit!

I know how hard this can be on all of you, but please try not to be angry about it. This will only cause you some emotional harm. I realize that it is difficult not to be upset about a preventable event, but try for your sake and the sake of your little one!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusit

abbasgirl
04-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Thanks for sharing your news with us. So happy to hear Miles is doing well and your mother in law is improving.

Keeping you and your family in my prayers,
Leslie

Bonita
04-14-2010, 06:49 AM
I am so happy for you and your little one. God sure does answer prayers. Just love him and watch him grow and teach him about Jesus. Love bonita

mountaindreamer
04-16-2010, 07:10 AM
hi leksie,

so glad to hear that your little one is doing better. Sounds like he might be able to come home soon, and i know that will be a happy day for you.

Leksie
04-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Master Miles is now 4 lbs 3 oz! He is one month old and making progress. He has some preemie issues like acid reflux and a few problems with oxygen saturations but hopefully he will out grow these issues soon. He had to have a second transfusion but now his RBC is where it is supposed to be. I can't wait to take him home... I know some of the nurses are sick of me and can't wait either (too bad for them) I will post more pics soon waiting for him to get off the nasal canular and feeding tube. Thanks for continuing your prayers, Natasha

Angel Oliver
04-24-2010, 04:07 AM
Ah he;s a little fighter and carnt wait to read he's at home with you.So glad he doing well,i know hes going through so much and you too,what a little miracle Miles is.xxxxx

mabeljane
04-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Ahhh!!! he is doing so well. Wont be long before he is allowed home and then you can be a happy family.

magistramarla
04-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Great news, Leksie!
You just keep right on making a pest of yourself to those nurses. That shows that you are a caring Mommy. My girl got so upset when they tried to tell her to just go rest - she couldn't rest unless she was holding Ryan. I taught my girls to be protective Momma-cats, and it sounds like you are one, too.
I can't wait to see his going-home pictures!
Hugs,
Marla

mountaindreamer
04-26-2010, 09:51 AM
hi leksie,

hope you and miles are doing great....i am anxiously awaiting your post that the little guy is home with his family.