PDA

View Full Version : Discoid Flare-up?

belsmom
04-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Within the last 2 wks, I have started itching again and sometimes it's horrible! My sister and I have been working on & off to get our rental house in order after our renters moved out. One day, my thigh itched so bad that, afte scratching/digging, that i had multiple bruises.

I assume this is a flare-up. I take my vitamins & plaquenil religiously and don't know what's causing it. Just today, I have "bathed" myself in hydrocorizone cream. Anything else I can do to stop this? It's driving me crazy! Help.:wacko:

Oh, and what can I do about my head itching? Can't put hydro. cream there.

Serenity81
04-10-2010, 02:54 PM
The only thing that's ever calmed down an episode like that for me is prednisone. =( I'm sure, not the answer you're hoping for... The Plaquenil has seemed to keep it in check since my last flare-up.

teresaa40
04-11-2010, 08:02 AM
My daughter has been itching on her legs like mad for about a week now. There is no visible rash, a few spots that look more like blemishes, but nothing that appears irritated or like hives. We've tried every lotion, and even went to using olive oil. Nothing seems to help. No new soaps, and no unusual foods have been added. It's only on her lower legs. I don't know what to think, but, I'm about to the point of taking her to the doctor. Im wondering, and have been for a while, if she isn't showing some of the first signs of Lupus. I hate that thought, and even though I know it happens, I really wanted my kids to be spared.

magistramarla
04-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Could there have been something in the rental house that triggered it? Perhaps something that you used for cleaning?
Marla