PDA

View Full Version : ticked off!!!!

smokerscat94
04-09-2010, 04:35 PM
So I have been have having migraines for quite a while now. They can be controlled for a while then the medicine quits working. I am mixing up my words more and more. So they did an MRI 2 wks ago which the radiolgist was kind of backed up so it took a while to get them read. My Rheumy calls me up and tells me that the MRi that was done in 2006 that I might add I WAS TOLD WAS COMPLETELY NORMAL was compared to to 2010 MRI report and they told me the radiologist recommended then in 2006 I should see a neurologist ASAP as there was an abnormality in my brain. But yet my dr. which I don;t see any more thank god told me nothing was wrong it was all in my head. So now I am being scheduled with a neurologist at the university of washington. I am so mad right now. So rheumy on the phone says u didn't know about the abnormal MRI? I said absolutely not. noone told me in fact they told me nothing was wrong. He told me to find a lawyer. I am so scared I don't know whats going on. I went shopping to at safeway to get some garlic bread for dinner last night and got a weird smell like burnig rubber and asked my hubby if he smelled it he he said he didn't. Shortly after that smell the back of my head hurt so bad I started bawling in safeway. Hubby loaded me in car and took me to ER. The Dr also looked at both MRI and agreed something is not right and suspects MS. Just what I need SLE and MS. I know that there are people on here with both, how do u cope? and Rob if you read this will you contact me? Scared and in need of support and friends... thanks for listening!!

rob
04-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Hi Smokerscat. Check your inbox, I sent you a PM.

Rob

smokerscat94
04-11-2010, 06:02 AM
I have A referral to the University of Washington Neurology Dept. so hopefully things will be figured out soon!

teresaa40
04-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Smokerscat

How awful to find out something so many years after the fact. You could have gotten a jump on whatever is going on. Keep us posted on how things are going with the tests.

Bonita
04-11-2010, 08:20 AM
I hope that things will work out for you and finally get the right diagnosis. That doctor should be reported to the American Medical Society. I will put you on my prayer list . Keep us informed. Love Bonita

Nonna
04-11-2010, 03:16 PM
My MRI showed an anomaly in my brain in 1998. It's been there for the majority of my life. Try to stay calm until you know exactly what's wrong. then listen and decide what is going to happen next
let us all know how you go on

Hugs and prayers are with you

Nonna

SandyR
04-11-2010, 05:32 PM
(((HUGS))) and gentle head rubs. I am amazed at how easily doctors "forget" to tell us that there was anything wrong with test and lab results and I am sorry to hear that this might be a mistake that, if not made, might have helped your health years ago. I know it's not easy to do (and I am honestly doing it now too) but take Nonna's advice and try to stay calm until you find out what there is to be upset about. When is your appointment with the neurologist scheduled for?

BonusMom
04-11-2010, 08:36 PM
So sorry that you found out about this years after the fact. I know you're worried beyond belief, but try not to stress yourself in to a flare while waiting for your neuro appointment. Please keep us updated on how you're doing and how the appointment goes.

mountaindreamer
04-13-2010, 01:44 PM
hi smokerscat,

i am so sorry about all of this....my mouth dropped open when i read your post. Gentle hugs are being sent to you.

your story is true testimony to the importance of us getting our personal copies of all tests....

hope you are feeling better...please keep us posted.

rob
04-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi Smokerscat,

Just wondering how you are doing. Say hello when you can.

Rob

Saysusie
04-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Hi Jen;
I've also sent you a PM.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

smokerscat94
04-13-2010, 08:43 PM
I have an appointment scheduled on June 15th in Wenatchee with a neurologist. In the mean time they are working on trying to get me in to the University of Washington, apparently it takes a while. I see my primary internal med dr. in wenatchee Thursday. He talked about puting me on neurontin when I talked to him on the phone. I will aslo be seeking legal advice for the other Drs. deciplinary action. I can't stand these headaches! More and more symptoms are coming up all them time I will keep u all posted thanks for being here for me.

smokerscat94
04-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Well, first off my Dr. never got the mri report? so my hubby called and had it sent to him by computer. he looked at it and it is a single lesion on the right front section of my brain. can't remember the technical jargon. I have a new neurology appointment for May 12 @ 10:45 they made it early in the day because they will be running a multitude of tests. My Dr. gave me a shot of demoerol for my headache and precsribed valium for them when I run out of imitrex until I see the neuro. I left the Dr. office and slammed my thumb in the freaking car door. my thumb nail is now purple and I didn't feel a thing a still can't.I assumed at the time it was probably the demerol but that has long since worn off. and I have slammed afew fingers in my time and I know know how bad they hurt the next day. and THROB.. and still nothing nodda! I so Idon't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing? lol...

Nonna
04-17-2010, 02:57 AM
I know how hard this is for you. My motto of going with the flow may help. The neuros always tell me don't stress; bit who can not stress in a situation like this. Just remember stress is like lupus. It is the enemy; don't let it win.

Gentle Hugs and prayers are with you,
nonna:yes:

rob
04-17-2010, 05:24 AM
Hi Smokerscat, I sent you another PM. Sorry bout your thumb.

Rob

debbie-b
04-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Hi smokerscat,

Boy, you are going through alot of stuff right now.
I hope, that you get an answer soon and get the help you need.
How is your thumb?

Debbie

Saysusie
04-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi:
I have also sent you another PM!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

smokerscat94
04-18-2010, 09:49 AM
3 days since I slammed my thumb in the car door and still can't feel a thing! It is purple turning black and blue YUCK! gonna lose the nail! It's so weird I know I should be greatful I can't feel it.You know the throbbing that you should feel but I just can't get over how dead it is. LOL So far today I am having a good day think we are going to go fishing. Not sure how I am going to reel but I will figure that out somehow... just want to FISH!!!

Thanks for the hugs and prayers all!!!
(((((HUGS BACK)))))