PDA

View Full Version : Swelling & forgetful

wrightrs
04-07-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm swelling so bad. When I've had this in the past the doctor just tells be to double up on my Lasix. So I going to try that. It's so bad can't wear my shoes. Glad the weathers is warm so I can wear flip flops. One of my hands are purple. I also have big red rings around my legs. Trying to keep my legs up. I'm also very foggy. Maybe my brain is swelling too lol!!!

gina
04-08-2010, 08:03 AM
we just got the first week of warm weather. and my hands and feet are starting to swell and of course my brain fog started too. has the seasons started to change where u are living? i started drinking more water to help it go away. hopes yours goes away soon. mine stays until it hits 70 again that seems to be the best temp. for my aliments. lol

karenboss
04-08-2010, 08:28 AM
holy cow - I was just going to add a thread 'is this normal' - well I guess so. I noticed it towards the end of last season but have only been dealing with my autoimune problems for about a year and a half - anyway I walked yesterday in the sun (though it is only 50 degrees here still) I felt so crummy afterwards. Like my whole insides was puffy, I was disoriented, my head felt puffy, I felt taller than I am - is that wierd? My right had - wich has given me some trouble - went numb and non responsive - I couldn't get it to type or roll the mouse, it took about an hour of concentrating to get it functional and it is still sluggish and painful. My left hand is a bit of the same but not as bad.

Hey sorry, I don't want to hijack your post but it seemed coincidental - though I'm pretty new at this stuff. Is it the same kind of swelling - a general swelling not really joints, right? I think my brain is being targeted now, I can't think clearly. I'm so TIRED. dang it.

gina
04-09-2010, 10:50 AM
my joints dont swell, all of my hands and feet are swollen. where my socks are they band my legs all the time. when i take them off takes hours for the lines to go away and they aren't tight on my legs.

today it was 60 and i woke up with no swelling of my hands or feet this morning. mine acts up the most when 70 or hotter. an doesn't matter hwo warm outside if its sunny it happens also.

my brain fog comes and go i haven't found any rhyme or reason with that yet. i have been keeping a journal for over and year now an so far this is what i noticed about the heat, for me. hope it helps some

wrightrs
04-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Yes Gina it went from winter to summer in like one day there. Maybe the heat has something to do with it. Hope your swelling gets better soon.

wrightrs
04-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Yes Karen my swelling is not in my joints. Its under my skin everywhere. But worse in My hands, feet and legs. My spelling and writing get worse too. That why I wonder if swelling is my head too. If I tell my rheumy things like this he would just laugh at me.

wrightrs
04-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks Gina I never thought of the season changes having something to do with it. If I press my finger on my skin a few seconds it leaves a dent for a while. I really don't know what causes the fog. Just wondering if the swelling may have something to do with it. It's good you keep a journal. I start them but after a few days I forget to write in them. My swelling is some better. I doubled up on my lasix for 3 days. I take potassium because I take lasix. But when I double up I worry about getting enough potassium.

gina
04-15-2010, 11:16 AM
How are you doing? It has been chilly here so my swelling is down alot. i really think weather has something to do with it. Brain fog not sure if brain is swelling or its other things. i have read several posts on this site about brain fog. no one has an answer though of what causes it. my spelling and speaking are worse when my swelling is bad so maybe it is in the brain. i don't think the dr's will ever know everything about this disease an there are so many different versions of it, i have just tried to accept it is what it is and try to live that day the best i can, and hope tomorrow will be better.