PDA

View Full Version : Pink eye(s)

k2626
04-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Anyone have issues with getting pink eyes?

mountaindreamer
04-03-2010, 04:05 PM
sorry, i don't have problems, and i can't remember seeing any posts here about them.

hope your eyes are better when you wake up in the morning.

happy easter

magistramarla
04-03-2010, 08:00 PM
I have very dry eyes, and they would often get red and sore. The ophthalmologist did what is called a Schirmer's test and determined that I have very little tear production. This is all part of having Sjogren's Disease, one of my lovely AI issues. I was using artificial tears (Systane) 3 or 4 times a day. When that still didn't make things better, he put me on Restasis along with the Systane.
Go see an ophthalmologist. If you're lucky, you can find one who specializes in dry eye problems, as mine does.
Hugs,
Marla

DrinkofWtr
04-05-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't really have an issue with pink eye, but I have had it a couple of times and it is no fun. One time I got it in Hawaii after swimming in one of the natural lava waterfall pools. I didn't think about the wild boars peeing in these pools and the amount of bacteria in them before I went in one. Also, had it in Oregon when I went rafting in the Rogue River many years ago.

dassar RN
04-05-2010, 02:05 PM
I have had issues with my eyes resembling pink eye but it was due to the sjogren's. warm compresses with a washcloth works to relieve the inflammation to the eye. I would also have it checked out with your doctor. Feel better soon.

capncrunch
04-06-2010, 06:43 PM
i've had it before too, but i don't know if its relate to lupus

jcg196
04-17-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't know if it's related to lupus but I read on a website its related to lyme disease.

" How does lyme disease affect the eye?
Fortunately, involvement of the eye is uncommon in lyme disease. But when the eyes can be affected in many different ways by the disease.

In the early stage of the disease, many persons have conjunctivitis. In this condition, commonly called pink eye, the eyes are red and uncomfortable, and there is a discharge of pus. Unlike many forms of conjunctivitis, the type that occurs in lyme disease is not contagious" uic.edu

I have trouble with pink eye as well and I do have lupus so maybe it does. It drives me crazy so I am very careful even about my pillows and where I sleep

I hope this helps.

wolfwhisper
04-18-2010, 02:40 AM
http://www.medicinenet.com/pink_eye/article.htm

Think this might help. I'm hoping it does, since it mentions both contagious and non-contagious pink eye. Also, my friend had pink eye, but it turned out to be a vein in her eye that popped because she wipes her eyes at night. The doctor gave her medicine for it and it healed in about a week.

I use teabags (twist the bag to make sure you don't get the water in your eye) and a warm washcloth.

capncrunch
04-18-2010, 06:54 PM
my roomates says its from people farting on your pillow, i think that's jsut a myth