PDA

View Full Version : Lupus as a pageant platform

teresaa40
04-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Well, my 18 year old daughter is competing for our city queen title, and she chose Lupus awareness as her platform.

Even if she doesn't win, just having her talking to judges, city officials, and the entire pageant audience will be a great teaching opportunity, and if she does win, she will have a year minimum to educate our city and the surrounding cities on Lupus. Then, she goes to the State pageant, with all it's listening ears, and if she wins that, onto Miss America.

I may have already posted this, but, well, Lupus Fog and just not feeling up to searching for any old posts of mine that might have it in there, made me decide to post it again.

Nonna
04-03-2010, 02:01 AM
How wonderful! My thoughs are with her and my wishes fir the best of luck

Serenity81
04-03-2010, 08:58 AM
That's awesome! Good luck, let us know how things go.

mountaindreamer
04-03-2010, 04:02 PM
what a beautiful daughter you have. tell her thank you from all of us, and please keep us posted on her progress.

i know you are a proud momma.

BonusMom
04-04-2010, 01:02 AM
Best of luck to your daughter and thank her, please, for bringing awareness to SLE

SandyR
04-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Good luck to your daughter! I hope she makes it all the way to the top.

Saysusie
04-05-2010, 08:53 AM
How wonderful and bless your daughter for choosing Lupus as her platform. Also, no need to apologize about brain-fog, most of us live there so we completely understand:laugh:

I wish your daughter the very best and I hope that we see her in the Miss America pageant!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie