PDA

View Full Version : Digestive Enzymes and "Alive"

DrinkofWtr
04-01-2010, 05:06 PM
My stomach had been feeling bloated, and had hurt for the longest time, especially after eating meat. I decided to go to the health store and buy some digestives enzymes. They started working almost immediately. Since I was treated for the bladder infection and started taking the enzymes, I have been feeling much better. Also, I bought, for my immune system some pills called "Alive". They are giving me quite a bit more energy. I was wondering if any of you take digestive enzymes and if they have helped you? Also, have any of you tried "Alive" from the health store. If you have, what kind of results have you had from it?

Anyway, no more suffering with digestive issues, at least, for now.

Saysusie
04-01-2010, 05:25 PM
I take the digestive enzymes daily and they do help me! Due to my Fibromyalgia, I have IBS and the enzymes are very helpful for that condition. I also take pro-biotics and have recently tried a couple of the fermented drinks. While they taste horrible, I've found that they help alleviate the bloat and gassiness also.
I've never taken the "Alive"..hopefully someone who has will be along to share. I'm quite interested in what you say about it and would love to hear from others about it!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

DrinkofWtr
04-02-2010, 10:05 AM
I had irritable bowel syndrome when I was 20. I am thinking that that condition may have returned, although I haven't been checked for it in eons. Perhaps that is another reason my digestive system is doing better. Idon't know anything about probiotics, but I am going to research that subject.

So far, from the "Alive", I have noticed the increase in energy and when I went camping, for the first time in years, the smoke from the campfire didn't bother me. Before, I always suffered with the burning, watering, and puffy eyes. I'll let you know if I have further improvements, as I continue to use it over a longer period of time.

mountaindreamer
04-03-2010, 04:15 PM
hi there drinkofwtr,

thanks for starting this thread. I have not tried digestive enzymes or "alive", but i am thankful for the opportunity to learn about them. I have a very dear friend with IBS, so i will pass this along to her.

I recently had my gallbladder removed, and that seems to have helped with a lot of the bloating and digestive issues, but it certainly has not cleared up all of the issues.

You went camping....oh, i love to camp, but have not been in a couple of years.....I miss it so much.