PDA

View Full Version : Went Camping

DrinkofWtr
04-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Went camping for a couple of days at a nearby lake. It was so cold at night and the first night we didn't bring enough blankets. That night I got up to go to the restroom. I heard a growling sound and promptly went back into the truck. I was sleeping in the truck because the tent was too cold. Wasn't exactly sure what I heard, but went on the internet and listened to various animal sounds. I am now positive it was a coyote growl. It scared me, but we still stayed another night. It makes sense that it was a coyote because we heard them throughout the night and we were near the so-called Coyote Boat Ramp.

The next day I was bit several times by some flying insect. It even bit me on the eyelid. I may yet have to go to the Dr. for the bites. They swelled, itched intently, got red, and hot to the touch. So far, I have avoided going. Other than that we had a good time. Such are the perils of camping.

magistramarla
04-01-2010, 03:22 PM
This is why my idea of camping is a cheap hotel!!!
LOL,
Marla

SandyR
04-01-2010, 04:15 PM
I love camping! But I only like to go when it is 65 or higher in the overnight.

Saysusie
04-01-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm with Marla; I call it camping if my hotel doesn't have a pool. Hope you are feeling better very soon!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

DrinkofWtr
04-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah Mountaindreamer, I went camping. It was a mixed blessing though. Like I said in my thread I was plaqued with insects, got growled at by a coyote, and it was colder than cold at night. On the good side though, I saw lots of wild life and it was nice to get away from home for a little while.

Nonna
04-05-2010, 04:33 PM
that's why I stopped camping.... bugs and I got to old for it without a camper.
Disney is my idea of camping now....... the cabins at Fort wilderness.

nonna

DrinkofWtr
04-05-2010, 05:11 PM
My boyfriend wants to get a camper. I told him to take into consideration the storage cost since where we live we would have to store it when not using it.