PDA

View Full Version : psoriasis

unspeakablejoy
03-21-2010, 09:02 PM
does anyone here have psoriasis?

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/psoriasis/understanding-psoriasis-basics

i'm pretty sure that i have it too, only on certain parts of my body. i was just wondering if it was also affliated with lupus or not?
i first noticed it around the time i noticed my SLE symptoms.

magistramarla
03-21-2010, 09:15 PM
My dx is Mixed Connective Tissue Disease - Lupus, Sjogren's, RA and psoriasis. My rheumy found the sore patches that I've had in my scalp since I was a teenager and called that psoriasis. She also thinks that this could be the cause of the strange, flaky sores that I would get. She also mentioned that some of my joint pain could come from psoriatic arthritis.
I haven't had a scalp sore or one of those sores on my skin since she started me on Plaquenil!
Hugs,
Marla

unspeakablejoy
03-23-2010, 06:48 PM
thanks so much marla. i go to the rheumy april 1st,, so we'll see what he says.

SandyR
03-24-2010, 07:04 AM
Yes I do. Right now, there is a patch flaring on my left eyelid in the crack that is driving me crazy. I also get it on my elbows, knees, scalp, under my eyes, fingers, toes, etc.

unspeakablejoy
04-15-2010, 07:51 PM
sorry i'm just seeing this post ms. sandy. :)

but, i have a patch in my left eyelid too!!!!!!!!!! its also in my scalp, and little pieces around my eyebrow area. sucks.

SandyR
04-20-2010, 09:34 AM
sorry i'm just seeing this post ms. sandy. :)

but, i have a patch in my left eyelid too!!!!!!!!!! its also in my scalp, and little pieces around my eyebrow area. sucks.

The eyelids are the worst! such pain. I mean, it's not like I can stop myself from blinking!!!! behind the ears is second worst, but thankfully that is a good spot right now. Funny b/c the sun seems to help the psoriasis, but it just wipes me out for a day or so. :( The scalp ones are pretty embarrasing for me too. I feel like people are looking at me funny when I am scratching my head. Oh well, it feels better when I do. LOL!