PDA

View Full Version : 28 weeks along...

Leksie
03-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Just giving an update, I am now 28 weeks!!! If baby had to be delivered at this time his survival rate is now 80 - 90%. Neonatologist says he will probably be induced at about 36 weeks. My lupus is still "inactive" no anti DS-DNA but my protein in the urine has been variable, blood pressure is good too.
On a different note Quest Diagnostics "lost" my 24 hr urine, WTH?, I bring you a gallon of pee and you lose it! Now I have to do it again :grumpy: I want to be compensated to my additional time. lol.

I cant wait to meet my little man, he has been making his presence known (I will be investing in soccer balls, lol).

Hope the other 2 prego lupies are doing okay too :cute:

SandyR
03-11-2010, 11:58 AM
They lost a gallon of pee?????? :) Oh boy that had me laughing. But I feel bad that you have to do that test again today. I am glad to hear all is going well. Does your use of "he" mean you know it's a boy? If so did you pick a name yet?
Sandy

Leksie
03-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Yes, It's A Boy! No name yet but we are thinking of a few. We kinda want to see what his spirit is before we commit to a name.

magistramarla
03-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Wow, you're doing great Leksie!
Why don't they want to let you try for 38-40 weeks? Would it be too hard on your kidneys? My daughter with one working kidney made it to 40, but she swelled like a balloon.
I'd be literally PO'd at Quest. Peeing in a cup is not that easy for us ladies.
Marla

Leksie
03-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Marla, I think he may just be trying to prepare me for the unexpected, because my amniotic fluid levels are on the low side of normal. They are going to start doing biophysical profiles at 32 weeks twice a week to make sure baby is thriving. If he is doing well, I get to stay prego, if not induction.

SandyR
03-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Yes, It's A Boy! No name yet but we are thinking of a few. We kinda want to see what his spirit is before we commit to a name.

I like that! Very cool.

mountaindreamer
03-12-2010, 10:29 AM
hi leksie,

thank you so much for keeping us posted on your little guy's progress. I know you are bubbling with excitement, and i am so happy for you. When my first daughter was born, i went into labor with 3 optional names, the minute she was born, i knew which one to pick....it is a special way to name your baby.

hang in there, keep taking such good care of yourself.

Saysusie
03-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I am so happy that everything is progressing so well and make sure that you post pictures of the little one after the happy event!! Again..congratulations!

Re: lost 24 hour urine!! That is really unbelievable! Did someone think it was Ice Tea:laugh:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

DrinkofWtr
03-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Too bad they lost your pee and you had to do the test all over again. Some of these so-called health professionals aren't very professional.

pandagirl
03-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Might I suggest the name Andrew..hahahaha ( my name is Andrea ) I have yet to convince anyone of this....lol!!Best wishes .....and stay healthy!