PDA

View Full Version : the gallbladder goes

mountaindreamer
03-09-2010, 05:48 PM
hi everyone,

i know that i have not been around very often, and i apologize for that. However, i have not been very sociable lately because i have not felt very well, and have been somewhat of a loner.

3 weeks ago, i ended up in the ER after coughing up blood and experiencing severe pain on my right side. the ultra sound found multiple gallstones, so i was sent home and told to call a surgeon. i called the surgeon, and was told it would be 3 weeks before i could get an appointment. when i asked what i was supposed to do about the pain until then, i was told to just take the dilaudid as needed. i have been eating rice and bananas since then, and keeping my pain meds close by.

i saw a gastro..... last week, and he agreed that gallbladder needs to come out, he is also checking my small intestines and my esophagus. I saw the surgeon yesterday, and i am scheduled for surgery on march 25. Insurance does not allow for over night hospital stay after this procedure unless they can't do the scopic procedure. But, my surgeon is going to request that the insurance allow me to stay for observation. so, we will see how that goes.

the various drs. and nurses that i have seen these past few weeks keep asking me how long i have been hurting. i tell them all...."who knows, i thought it was just my lupus"....they seem to get a little frustrated, but that is the truth. I withstand pain for months before i start seeking answers, i always think it is lupus, and that it will eventually move to another part of my body.

anyway, it is nothing serious, just another chapter in my life with lupus....it was exactly a year ago that i had to be treated for atrial fibrilation, and eventually had the ablasion....now 1 year later, it is my gallbladder....oh, the joy.

my love to you all....

Angel Oliver
03-09-2010, 07:04 PM
You are always in my thoughts and a dear helpful,caring and loving friend to many here.Goodluck with the removal and i so hope you feel much better after its gone.Lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxxx

kim,l
03-09-2010, 07:41 PM
my dear dear friend i am so sorry you are suffering this i know what it feels like i had gallstones and gallbladder removed at the age of 21 the pain is very bad i could only eat crackers and jelly i got pancreatitis because a stone passed through into my bile duct please ask the doctor to check this as it can make your pain worse i am glad they are doing procedure soon i am sorry that they will not keep you overnight i think this is terrible please take it easy and rest i will be thinking of you my friend and if you need to talk i am here for you i wish i lived closer so i could give you a big hug love kim l

mountaindreamer
03-09-2010, 08:58 PM
awe, thanks amanda and kim. i think of both of you each and every day. yes, kim, the surgeon and i have already discussed the possibility of a stone in the bile duct...he seems to be very good, and thorough.

magistramarla
03-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Oh, Phyllis
I'm sorry to read about this. I responded to your PM before I saw this. Please take care and keep us informed of how you are doing. It seems such a shame to make you wait until the 25th when you're in so much pain. Keep coming back here and we'll see if we can lift your spirits a bit.
Thinking of you,
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

abbasgirl
03-10-2010, 01:23 AM
You always word things so well. I just think it's lupus too and doctors get frustrated...and sometimes I'm told we can't blame it all on lupus, but I wonder if we would be going thru the amount of things we go thru if we didn't have it.

I'm glad you like the surgeon and I hope you get to stay overnight. I didn't know about that part.

You may not think it's serious but any surgery is serious to me...especially when the patient is precious as you are Phyllis. ((((Hugs))))

You'll be back to eating all those spicy dishes you love before too much longer. Yeah!!! But I'm sure it feels like it's been way too darn long and you're getting tired of nanners and rice.

XOXO

Bonita
03-10-2010, 07:35 AM
I too am so sorry for all that you are going through and i hope that your pain and suffering will soon be taken care of. I suffered with gallbladder pain for months till they finally took it out. My husband just had his out in Dec. and ended up back in for a few days with pancreatitus. Love and prayers Bonita

Nonna
03-10-2010, 12:20 PM
oh you poor thing. That is the worst pain imaginable. I did that route 15 years ago. Please let me know if their is anything I can do.

My thoughts and prayers are with you,
Nonna