PDA

View Full Version : Another post about the leg symptoms..theories and questions?

Mommyof1
03-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Ok so for those of you who have read my leg symptoms post, I was thinking back today to when I was first being tested and the positive results I did have. My symptoms included: -burning leg pain(which eventually spread to my arms bearing the same symptoms) -leg ache(widespread not just limited to the joints)...Lately before the burning started coming back with this pregnancy, I realized I have tenderness in my legs where I usually have the burning..so is that muscular in origin? I ask because I used to have elevated CPK's in my bloodwork. Not very high (200s-300s) and was tested for the neuropathy but the only muscular test i had was the EMG's. Could those alone be conclusive or should a biopsy be done? I had one biopsy done but that was to check for small fiber neuropathy. I am just wondering if now the pain all along has been more muscular than nerves and if the tenderness im experiencing is able to be considered a type of "weakness" and could aide in diagnosis....?? Because then that would mean that with CPK might actually mean something! lol Just a thought..please comment! -Britt

*11 weeks 3 days on March 9th 2010*

magistramarla
03-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Britt,
I'm dealing with the same questions. I've also had a muscle biopsy, but they were looking at the mitochondria at the time. I have many of the same symptoms that you have, and I never seem to get any answers. The rheumy is sending me to her neurologist buddy next week, so I'll let you know what he says. I also intend to ask lots of questions when I go to the Sjogren's Conference in San Francisco next month. One of the speakers will be talking about neuropathy in Sjogren's, so I intend to pounce with my questions. I'll report back with what I learn.
Take care,
Hugs,
Marla

Mommyof1
03-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Ok great. I look forward to hearing about your experience and what you learn! :)