View Full Version : Me again
03-06-2010, 10:28 AM
I've got some more questions.
1. Once you were diagnosed how did you go about finding more information about your type of lupus?
2. Do you find the internet is a valuable source of information?
3. How does being a member of WHL help you?
Thanks again for being so amazing,
03-06-2010, 10:36 AM
1.I started with the internet and got as much info as i could. 2. The inter net was a great help but it was not personal. 3. Finding WHL was the best thing i came across for information and care and support and love. This is companionship and belonging to and elite group of people via the internet and i am thankfull for each and everyone of you. Bonita
03-06-2010, 11:00 AM
I have to agree with Bonita.
When I was first dx, I did not own a pc, as unbelievable as it now sounds. So the only recource was the library. I read dozends of books. About one year later I got a pc and did alot of research, but like bonita said, there was no interaction with other people.
I wanted to know, how people dealt with their dx and what kind of symptoms other lupies have. When I found WHL, I have found all of that, plus friendship, compassion and understanding. Now it feels like having an extended family.
03-09-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm sorry that I just now noticed this. Life's been a little weird lately.
1. Once you were diagnosed how did you go about finding more information about your type of lupus? I went straight to the internet.
2. Do you find the internet is a valuable source of information? Yes, since I'm married to a computer engineer, we use our computers for everything - well, almost everything.
3. How does being a member of WHL help you? As others have said, it certainly helps to know that I'm not alone in this. I get better answers to my questions here than from my docs. Those who are living with it are the real experts.