PDA

View Full Version : Daughter Bit By A Gopher

DrinkofWtr
03-04-2010, 09:53 AM
My daughter E-mailed me and told me she got bit by a gopher yesterday and had to go to Urgent Care. Her cat brought in a gopher. She thought it was dead and picked it up and she got bit.

debbie-b
03-04-2010, 01:58 PM
My daughter E-mailed me and told me she got bit by a gopher yesterday and had to go to Urgent Care. Her cat brought in a gopher. She thought it was dead and picked it up and she got bit.

Oh my God. I hope he didn't have rabies. She must have freaked out.
Is she ok?

Debbie

magistramarla
03-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Wow, that's as bad as my story about my daughter getting attacked by a raccoon while she was pregnant! What's with our daughters and wild animals lately?
I hope that all turns out well with her.
Hugs,
Marla

DrinkofWtr
03-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Well the Dr. isn't worried about rabies. But she has to take antibiotics for a week. I was talking to her on the phone tonight and she said it bit her really hard. She said it was almost dead from what the cat had done to it and then it mustered it's last bit of strength to bite her as hard as it could and then it died. Kind of sad isn't it. She says she can still kind of feel the bite pain.

SandyR
03-04-2010, 09:14 PM
ouch! i am glad to hear she is ok. I would have freaked! I don't even like spiders.

Saysusie
03-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Ouch!! I am glad that the doctor is not worried about rabies but put her on antibiotics anyway. So, the gift from the cat turned around and bit her!! Poor thing!! I am glad that she is OK!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
03-09-2010, 02:46 PM
i agree, OUCH....i hope your daughter is feeling better....

Serenity81
03-11-2010, 05:43 AM
Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine!! Personally, I'd probably be too afraid to touch it in the first place.... I don't even like picking up a dead spider even if I know it's dead and squished. But, I suppose you do what you have to do when faced with the situation. Poor thing, I hope she's feeling better soon, that's scary!

DrinkofWtr
03-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Perhaps she should have had a heavy glove on when she picked it up. That way if it was alive and bit her it would not have gone through the glove. My father used to go out to the desert where the CA aqueduct was. He was an engineer I remember one time a rattlesnake bit him. Luckily it bit his high boots and the fangs did not penetrate his skin. In other words, there is something to be said for protective clothing when dealing with wild animals.