PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator Problems Again

DrinkofWtr
03-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I am having refrigerator problems again. The fridge part doesn't keep things cold and its starting to make noise again. If anyone out there knows of a major chain that has "layaway" for refrigerators, I would really appreciate knowing what store that would be?

SandyR
03-03-2010, 05:13 PM
SEARS has layaway and refridgerators.

Faith
03-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Have you thought of purchasing a used refurbished from a used dealer? We purchased a "used set" and it's still going. It may be retro; but it works and my fridge guy told me they are making the refrigerators so energy "efficient" that they only last 5-6 years anymore. I was shocked as how expensive they are.

Faith

DrinkofWtr
03-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Faith, I was shocked by what they cost new too. Fortunately, I can't use a double door. They are really expensive. My space is limited. Thought about going to a used dealer. In fact looked in one place, but thought them high. The only other used dealer I know of is quite a distance from where I live.

Faith
03-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Darn, I am so sorry. I was just trying to find a way to save some money.

Have you checked Craigslist by any chance (US only)? Might be worth a shot. Just a suggestion.

Faith

DrinkofWtr
03-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Dear Faith,

I found one on Craig's list that would have been perfect but was unable to get over to see it today. Too many commitments today. It was some distance from where I live. Then we have to coordinate getting it as my boyfriend can't move it as his hand is still healing from surgery. Also, we have to find a way of disposing of the old one. Someone will have to either pick it up for scrap copper or we have to have it taken to the dump. I am sure we will find one though and get through the logistics of getting it, etc. I just have to be patient, but it is hard when you can't keep milk or anything like that. I can still use the freezer in it though and that is something.

DrinkofWtr
03-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Went to Sears and they layaway everything but major appliances, I found out.

SandyR
03-04-2010, 09:19 PM
that stinks! how about PC Richards??? or do you have a Mr. Jay's by you?

Faith
03-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Bummer drink of water. Keep praying; it will happen. God makes a way. Does your church have ads?

Faith

DrinkofWtr
03-05-2010, 02:08 PM
We don't have either of those in my area. Don't know about church ads?