PDA

View Full Version : Excited

Serenity81
02-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Hubby and I went and bought a new mattress today... I'm SO excited! It'll be delivered on Tuesday. Right now, we have one of those Sleep Number beds.. you know, where each person can "set" their own number (related to firmness)... it was a hand-me-down and we haven't really liked it since we got it. Basically, it's a glorified air mattress! Our new one is Serta's version of a Tempurpedic... (much more reasonable in price).

I'm hoping this will improve my quality of sleep and perhaps ease some of my symptoms.... It was an early birthday gift from the hubby :laugh: I love him, he's so good to me!

ooyeababii
02-27-2010, 07:26 PM
lucky lucky =)
happy early birthday
hope you enjoy your gift!

Faith
02-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Happy Birthday Shannon!!

It will help if you have joint or fibro issues. I love our Novafoam mattress (generic temperpedic) from Costco. I wouldn't be sleeping if I didn't have it. Enjoy.

Faith

Faith
02-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Shannon,

If you have your doctor write a prescription for it on a pad "temperpedic like mattress such as Serta" it is a medical write-off at the end of the year.

Faith

SandyR
02-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Happy Birthday! Great mattres! I love dogsitting for my aunt and uncle b/c they have that bed. All I see when I sleep there is the little Serta sheep jumping through my dreams.

Serenity81
03-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys, with all of you assuring me that it's helped you, I'm even more excited!! Thanks for the tip Faith, I'll look into that.. if we can write that off, that would be awesome!!

I've spent all day today cleaning & re-organizing the bedroom to get ready... which, let's face it, isn't such a bad thing! By the time I'm done with the cleaning, I'm gonna NEED a good night's sleep on that new mattress!

DrinkofWtr
03-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Enjoy your gift. I recently bought a new top mattress myself. It's a pillowtop and I can tell that I am already sleeping better. I seem to be more rested in the morning when I wake up and the chiropractor seems to indicate that my spine is in alignment better than it was before I bought it. Mattresses have a lot to do with sleep quality in my opinion.