PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting Wheels!

magistramarla
02-23-2010, 05:16 PM
My relationship with my new rheumy and my new insurance just keeps getting better and better!
My rheumy wrote a prescription for me to get a wheelchair for my travels this summer. We weren't sure if the insurance would go for it, but she wanted to give it a try. Today, the medical equipment company called, and they will deliver one on Thursday!
The insurance will pay 85% of it, and I'll be expected to pay $10 -$12 per month for a year. I can definitely live with that!

I've been reading a lot about Santorini and Greece. The wheels may not be too much help in Santorini, since so much of the island is steep and rocky. In Athens the wheelchair will be wonderful. Since the 2004 Olympics, they have closed off several of the streets between the major archeological sites and made them into pedestrian promenades. Heather can push me on lovely strolls to the sites and the museums. They even installed an elevator to take wheelchairs up to the top of the Acropolis, so this old girl is going to see The Parthenon up close and personal!

The planning for this trip is getting better and better!!
Hugs to all,
Marla

kim,l
02-23-2010, 05:54 PM
marla i am so happy for you anything to make your life easier i wish you al the best for your trip love kim l

Serenity81
02-23-2010, 06:02 PM
That is fantastic news!! You'd better bring home some pictures for all of us to drool over and live vicariously through your awesome trip :yes:

pandagirl
02-23-2010, 06:26 PM
You go hot wheels !!lolol...I hope it makes your trip even more enjoyable.

MicRoMediC
02-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Woooohoooo!

magistramarla
02-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah! Hot Wheels in Greece! I like it!

mountaindreamer
02-23-2010, 09:55 PM
hi marla,

i am so excited for you. i can just envision you enjoying the beauty of everything while your daughter pushes you along....what a special trip you are planning.

Lisa (my oldest) daughter and i are taking an alaskan cruise in june, this will be the first time that we have spent time alone together since her sister was born....35 years ago....what blessings we (you and me) have....

Numpty
02-24-2010, 06:21 AM
Woooot! Way to go, Marla! You're going to have the time of your life and I'm so jealous! ~lol~ Take me with you in your suitcase?
Claire x

Bonita
02-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Good for you and i hope you enjoy your vacation i will envy you. Love bonita

Saysusie
02-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Good for you! I am glad that you have a rheumy who cares about you!! I love the "Hot Wheels In Greece!" Congratulations

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie