PDA

View Full Version : Daughter #2....may she be spared

pandagirl
02-18-2010, 07:10 PM
So now that my older daughter has been diagnosed with the Lup...my pediatrician suggested I have my younger daughter tested as well due to the fact she has had tendonitis in the heels and Achilles already..along with red hands and a few small odd rashes. Now that I am well versed, I will not let the docs blow me off as they did when my other daughter started with tendonitis at a young age too.So we went to the Ped Rheumy today..long consult and to the lab for blood work and x-ray to check hip for arthritis as well. Luckily we live near a big teaching medical center and hopefully she will be watched and taken care of. Hopefully she is neg, but has a strong chance of evolving into the Lup do to family history. Please keep us on your long prayer list....I know you all understand as no one else does...they give me pity but don't really get "it". So exhausted from stressing all day......thanks for listening.

magistramarla
02-19-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm right there with you, Amanda. I worry about my kids, too. I see some symptoms in each of my girls, and I really wonder if they will develop AI diseases when they are older. As you well know, we've often talked on these threads about how so many of us have seen AI symptoms in earlier generations as well as in our children. All we can do is guide them and hope that they don't go through as many frustrations as we've gone through getting the right diagnosis and medications.
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

Leksie
02-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Andrea,

I will keep you and your wonderful daughters in my prayers. I have no idea what your feeling, not being a mommy myself yet but I hope for the best and send you gentle hugs.
Natasha

pandagirl
02-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Thanks so much ladies...and Leksie...there is nothing like watching your child in pain/tired/rashing...you know..all the crap we get. Some how....when it's yourself you deal...but a child/young adult...so not fair. I love both of my children dearly, but my little one melts my heart and if she is sick too, I don't even know how I will be able to cope.

mountaindreamer
02-19-2010, 08:05 PM
hi andrea,

i am so sorry to hear about your daughters. As a mother as well, i know the anguish that it causes when one of our chickadees has a serious medical issue. I am glad that you are "well versed" now, and your girls will not have the same struggles that you did. Hang in there, you are doing a great job....give yourself a gentle pat on the back (if you can reach back there).

capncrunch
02-25-2010, 12:35 PM
hi pandagirl,

im sorry to hear about your daughters,

i was just wondering if you were the only one in the family who had lupus? or people in your past family had lupus

pandagirl
02-25-2010, 12:39 PM
hi Capn'...I am the first lucky duck that I know of..my mom had rheumatoid..other than that i don't know of any other issues ..not to say there weren't. My sister definitely has an issue undiagnosed...several symptoms...one of my brothers had rheumatic fever as a child and now gets tendonitis and burstis occasionally. I think it's all connected. To see my girls like this kills me.

capncrunch
02-25-2010, 12:43 PM
oic, so its family related lol,
i guessing im just the weird one in the family because im the only who have it, and no one else in my big family tree have any other problems besides like old age diabetes which is different.

SandyR
02-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Oh panda I am sorry to see that your worst fear was confirmed for your daughter. (((HUGS))) How is she handling this? What are the doctors doing for her right now? How are you now that this news is beginning to settle in?