PDA

View Full Version : Great Make-up!!

pandagirl
02-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Hey ladies...maybe some gents too..lol.I have found the greatest cover-up. It's made by Maybelline, so not too expensive.It is called Dream Liquid Mousse. It covers up my redness/brown patches/broken blood vessels..it is like an art project getting ready for work in the morning!! It is a pump type bottle and it lasted quite long..especially with my daughters stealing a pump or two...they think I didn't know...hahaha. I know we are all beautiful.... even without the glop..Happy Valentine's Day to all <3

magistramarla
02-14-2010, 02:50 PM
LOL,
I know what you mean about the girls! That's been the nice thing about moving far away from them. Finally, my make-up, shampoo, shoes and clothes are mine and mine alone. AND meat no longer mysteriously disappears from my freezer before the meal that I had planned to make with it!
Marla

Melly
02-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Andrea, you are the second person I've heard mention this liquid foundation! When I checked it out at RiteAid they didn't have my shade. :( I have olive/yellow undertones and most everything I've found has pink. I did find some stuff online that I've been using, it's powder foundation though: everyday minerals. I found it through an online makeup review board (makeup alley). Girls who buy makeup and other toiletries use it, rate it and review it. It's pretty cool!

Angel Oliver
02-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Oh really, maybe i'll try it next.Thanks for the tip. At the moment i use Sheer Cover,now the concealer is amazing and also is very light to wear and i swear my complexion looks fab,no marks anywhere,so theres another one for you.But thanks i may try the Maybeline next.xxxxxxxxxxx

SuperGiv
02-15-2010, 04:53 AM
I use the dream satin liquid by maybelline, and it's equally awesome. I find the mousse drys my face whereas the satin liquid is more moisturising. It's the only foundation i can wear even when my lupus rash is bright red. I also suffer from mild acne and it's good at covering that. Unlike some foundations it doesn't worsen my skin either :D I usually seal it in with rimmel stay matte powder as well :D

red246
02-15-2010, 08:11 PM
I have a question. Is it a foundation or a concealer? You said "cover up" and that's what i would consider a concealer, like for under your eyes. I've stopped wearing makeup because nothing covers my brown spots that i started getting. And now i've started getting the lovely malar rash. :(

Angel Oliver
02-16-2010, 09:30 AM
No but you can get some with it in. I at the mo, i use Sheer Cover powder foundation,like minerals,but i use the Sheer cover concealer first,its fab.But i am gonna try the one Panda girl suggested next as Sheer Cover is expensive.xxxx

pandagirl
02-17-2010, 12:53 PM
red246... I think it is considered a foundation..I consider it a miracle..lol...it is not too heavy and it covers a multitude of "stuff" on my face.
super Giv..I am going to try yours as well...I do get dry too. I put moisturizer on first..but in these cold dry months I dry through out the day...dry heat in my office and at home.

pandagirl
02-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Marla...sooo true..my daughter moved out for a short time..my supplies lasted much longer...while she was gone...she would come "shopping" at my house!!lol. She has since moved back...ughhh,,no stress....back in school full time, which is good, and is going to apply to nursing school the end of this month. She is the one recently diagnosed with Lupus and is trying hard to "do it all".

DrinkofWtr
02-18-2010, 05:58 PM
I use the matte foundation of Merle Norman to cover up everything on my face. It costs around $28. It may have gone up in price a little bit since I last bought it. It covers everything and it goes a long way. It goes on with a make-up sponge that comes with the compact. The matte foundation is not drying, but moisturizing. You can wear powder over it if you wish. I have not gotten very good coverage from the mineral makeup. It is a light makeup and shows all my skin flaws.

belsmom
02-18-2010, 07:15 PM
I have been using the Mabelline liquid mousse for several months; it's very good but I am going to try something new for a while. Avon makes it and it has a 10 or 15 spf; it's cheap, too, so if I don't like it, will go back to the Mabelline. When I had my "splotches" on my face & neck, nothing much covered them; had to use concealer, then the makeup.

Nonna
02-22-2010, 11:29 AM
You know, I stopped using makeup years ago; my complexion was clear and nice. In the past 3 months, I've notices blotches and red spots. I will probably have to check out that website, as my italian ancestry still shows.

Nonna

capncrunch
02-22-2010, 03:46 PM
does it cover up blemishes?

SandyR
02-22-2010, 05:41 PM
I was wishing I had paid more attention to this thread and memorized the name you said whn I wa at the drugstore with my blotchy face yesterday. Now I will have to go back again. Grrrrr...

lucky7
02-24-2010, 02:47 PM
WOO HOO to make up huh!!!! I dont want people to see how i REALLY LOOK! LOL I feel so naked without it! :wideeyed: I will go without any of it EXCEPT my mascara,if i have at least a little on i feel a bit better! THANK GOD for the WAND!:wink::hail:

DrinkofWtr
03-03-2010, 02:18 PM
I wouldn't want to have people seeing me without it. I have blotches, dark spots, blemishes, lupus scarring, etc. I am with you Lucky 7.

Ibusnelli07
03-04-2010, 05:03 PM
i have been using mineral makeup for the last several years. Ive been wanting to change makeup but have been afraid to go back to liquid foundation . The Bare minerals work great!..just not for me anymore..I have developed too many flaws on my skin lately for that too cover it up nicely =(... but i will definently try some of the products that you guys have talked about on here. Thanks for the help!