PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for the snow....

pandagirl
02-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Northern NJ missed the last one...only southern Nj got hammered...next storm on the way...I don't think we will escape it again.:nah:

ritzbit
02-09-2010, 03:05 PM
I got 6" today lol and more is coming tonight!

Im looking forward to a very long weekend lol

pandagirl
02-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Weekend....lol..you are expecting a lot!!! My boss will be freaking out if we have to close tomorrow!

ritzbit
02-09-2010, 05:04 PM
We're already called off school for tomorrow =D

And Im off already this friday for a professional developement day, and we're off monday for presidents day, soooo if we can get off thurs we'll have been off school for a week! lol that'd be awesome

:laugh:

magistramarla
02-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Hate to be a downer here, but it won't be so awesome when you have to make up those snow days later on! I always hated it when the wimps in San Antonio called school off because the roads got just a little slippery, and then we would have to make up the snow day on a holiday that had already been scheduled. Sometimes we already had reservations made and a getaway planned. It really upset my administration, but in those cases, I would just take a sick day, and leave with my hubby anyway!
Marla

ritzbit
02-10-2010, 07:30 AM
We just add on to the end of the year, and that happens every year so I dont care too much lol

red246
02-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Andrea,

Have you gotten hit yet? We are in "Southern" Jersey. We got about 7" overnight. Right now we're getting the mix, but waiting on the next round to come! We are supposed to get an additional 8-12" by tonight. Combine that w/last week and we'll have close to 3 feet total! I think we are making up for the last few years where we didin't get much! I'm just glad that hubby got the day off! Hope you are enjoying the beauty of it!

pandagirl
02-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Ohhh yessss.we have a LOT of snow here now..I would say at least 10 inches if not more. My husband maintains a school system so he will be plowing thru the night probably because the Superintendent already threatened "school WILL be open tomorrow!" I am maaking a pot of Chili right now.

Angel Oliver
02-10-2010, 11:21 AM
We had all our snow the last few weeks and it all dissapeared.Then today,the sky was blue then it snowed for 15 minutes now we have a few inches and everywhere is white again,but not 10 inches .I like the snow.xxxx

capncrunch
02-11-2010, 06:53 PM
im guessing pittsburgh just sucks lol becuase we got over 20 inches of snow in the last 4 days. with a flood in my dorm and no power this is the best you could ask for.

SandyR
02-11-2010, 08:43 PM
:laugh-floor: I snuck off to Florida to see my mom this week and missed the snow by hours!!!!! :653::nana::raspberry1:

Bonita
02-12-2010, 06:53 AM
We got over 20 inches of snow and between my husband and i we are so sore from shoveling snow it is not funny. We also have his 94 year old Dad to check on and he has a big driveway to shovle but his great gerandson does that but he could not get there because the plow did not come through all the country roads for days. He called the other night during the blizzard and said he was cold his furnace was not working so my husband had to go get him ( thank God we have four wheel drive) but he had to shovle a path big enough for him to walk down the driveway and we brought him home with us. My husband has copd and this is rough for him too. I do not like snow or winter anymore. Bonita

rob
02-12-2010, 07:15 AM
What's really strange, is that usually we have a ton of snow this time of year, but not only has it not snowed in a couple of weeks, it's also really warm (50's) and most of the snow we had melted. I can see most of my lawn and was outside in a tee-shirt yesterday. So far for us it's been a very mild winter. Good thing, as last winter saw the most snowfall in recorded history for Maine. Up north where it's really cold, they still had snowbanks melting on the first of June last year. I am kind of disappointed though. I feel like the chrome wheels and custom racing stripes I had put on my fancy new snowblower were all for nothing as I've only taken it out once this year.
:laugh:

Rob