PDA

View Full Version : Snowwwww

Bonita
02-06-2010, 08:30 AM
I am wondering if anyone else is getting snow and lots of it. I am from Lebanon Pa. about 23 miles from Hershey and we have in excess of a foot or a foot and a half of snow and winds blowing it about. My son and son-inlaw both work for different townships here and have been out all night plowing and probably will be for some time. We live on a one way street and no garage or off street parking and where do we go with this. Thank God for good neighbors and grandchildren and my daughter who are going to help with the deep snow out back. My husband has copd and with my asthma and lupus i can only do so much even with my bad back. Just wanted to know about everyone else. Have a great day. Love Bonita

SandyR
02-06-2010, 11:05 AM
we got no snow. a lot of hype but no snow. they told us yesterday we were getting between 1-23" between last night and today. We've had less than a 1/4"! My friends in York/Lancaster/Dover area and NJ are all saying they got between 2-3'. Glad I'm not there...

ashleybaby715
02-06-2010, 11:57 AM
i live in Pittsburgh, PA .... there is currently 21 inches of snow in my backyard, and its still falling ! they're expecting another 2-4 inches today... soo we're pretty much guaranteed to get 2 feet of snow ! i went out there and since im so short, it came up to my thighs !

i really wish it didn't do this, cuz now im snowed into my house all weekend :( ughh! i wish it was spring !

idk if this will let you see the picture, but if it doesn't, i'll upload the picture to photobucket so you guys can see the craziness !
http://twitpic.com/11pga8

abbasgirl
02-06-2010, 11:57 AM
No snow in the south. We're supposed to get some flurries tonight but they don't think it will be cold enough for it stick. Just a lot of rain here and flooding.

So glad you have all that help. (((warm hugs)))

SandyR
02-06-2010, 02:59 PM
idk if this will let you see the picture, but if it doesn't, i'll upload the picture to photobucket so you guys can see the craziness !
http://twitpic.com/11pga8

WOW!!!! You're not kidding about alot of snow. I am so glad we didn't get that. It looked like that here last month and took 2 weeks to clean up. BTW - I love your twitter id. vey creative!

Angel Oliver
02-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Yipeeeeeeeee i love the snow :) Im in the UK and we just got rid of ours,but had it for a few weeks deep.I made Malcolm the snow man,played with the dog.Now im glad its gone,was so slippy lol.xx

ashleybaby715
02-06-2010, 07:01 PM
im totally not a snow person!!
i wish it was warm all the time!!! hahha

ashleybaby715
02-06-2010, 07:03 PM
but honestly, i just want school to be canceled on monday :) heheh

Lala
02-06-2010, 07:14 PM
W did not get too much from that system, but we do get a lot of snow here, I am always cold though..brrrr.

Bonita
02-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone i am not a snow person or a cold weather person anymore since lupus but we have to deal with life. Bonita

magistramarla
02-07-2010, 09:45 PM
I talked to my friend who lives in the D.C. area - TEE HEE! They have over 30 inches of snow on the ground. She's a teacher, so they are missing lots of school there. Her whole family is snowed in at the house, except for her older son (that I helped to deliver about 20 years ago!!). He's staying with a friend whose dad runs a plowing business. The boys are making $16.00/ hr. helping the man to plow driveways and parking lots for local businesses.
I'm really glad that I'm sitting here on the west coast, watching the sun go down over the ocean!
Marla

ashleybaby715
02-08-2010, 01:40 PM
ah, i see the sun...but it isn't warming anything up here !
still tons of snow, school was canceled today, and already is canceled tomorrow.
we are supposed to get another 6-10 inches tomorrow night !
if we get the full ten, that will be 31 inches of snow we will have!!!
craziness ! !
here another picture for you guys to see !
http://twitpic.com/11xdow

DrinkofWtr
02-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Of course no snow at sea level in California, but mudslides in the burn areas. I am sure you have heard about it on the national news. I live less than a block from the seashore and we have another rainstorm scheduled to come in tomorrow afternoon and evening. To those of you with all the snow. I hope you are coping with it as best you can, or enjoying it if you can.

Bonita
02-08-2010, 03:30 PM
As of tommotow we are supposed to get another 10 to 14 inches again. yuck Bonita

Haggar
02-08-2010, 06:36 PM
three inches of snow here

magistramarla
02-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Hey Haggar,
Where are you from in Missouri? I'm originally from Wood River, Ill.- just across the river from St. Louis. Jeff and I are alumni of St. Louis University, and he got his Electrical Engineering degree at Mizzou in Columbia. I consider Missouri to be home.
Hugs,
Marla