PDA

View Full Version : Dry eyes

andyman
09-01-2005, 06:18 AM
I was wondering what successful actions anyone has had with dry eyes. I use drops and they help depending on the day.

Has anyone done the eye plugs where they put plugs into the ducts in the corner of the eye to keep them from draining?

I'd also be interested in anyone taking Rastasis or any other info for that matter.

Thanks,

Andyman

ClaireMacl
09-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Have you been diagnosed with Sjrogens? My mum has it, she has had the plugs put in three times, each time they came out... not to say that would happen to you (my mum was told they used the smallest size available to them and that was too big).

At the moment, my mum is under a great opthamologist at the local hospital who has been through a range of drops etc with her, she still gets the dry eyes, even today, she used 16 vials of the drops. But at the end of the day, she feels better :)

Best of luck getting a good doc and diagnosis.

andyman
09-02-2005, 02:51 AM
Thanks!

I haven't been diagnosed with Sjogren's at this point. I have had my eyes checked with a new opthamologist I have. He gave me a couple of options, Restasis or plugs (or just regular drops). I don't want to take any more meds if I can help it. The plugs sound like they might be a way to go. I do know that there is a chance of them falling out.

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it!

Andyman

ClaireMacl
09-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Hey Andyman,

My mum thought the plugs were the best thing ever when she got them... worth a try, she found out eventually they weren't for her, but I hope they work for you!

Best of luck,

Claire x

Thanks!

I haven't been diagnosed with Sjogren's at this point. I have had my eyes checked with a new opthamologist I have. He gave me a couple of options, Restasis or plugs (or just regular drops). I don't want to take any more meds if I can help it. The plugs sound like they might be a way to go. I do know that there is a chance of them falling out.

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it!

Andyman

andyman
09-03-2005, 05:21 AM
Thanks Claire!