PDA

View Full Version : plasmapharesis anyone...?

ladybugs mommy
01-20-2010, 11:01 PM
hi there everybody!

have any of you done plasmapharesis? if so, what were your experiences?

my neuro wants me to do it, along with a round or two of cytoxan/rituxan and says i'll have to be in the hospital for about a month or so (NOT happy about that!:nah:).

i'm very interested to hear your thoughts! i hope you all are well.

Saysusie
01-24-2010, 10:40 AM
I am moving your question up so that it can be seen again by our members. Hopefully someone with personal experience will respond.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

SugarSnit
01-26-2010, 03:20 PM
I am of no help here but am also interested as I'm awaiting a similar treatment starting in march. Brand new to the boards but not to being sick. Chin up and much love and light!

Love and Light!
Melissa

BonusMom
01-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Sorry, I don't know anything about this but wanted to wish you well and hope that you don't end up in the hospital for A MONTH!

ladybugs mommy
02-04-2010, 03:15 PM
well, thanks anyway! we're still not sure if i'm gonna do it or not. my neuro and pulmo, along with dear hubby, really want me to do it. my rheumie thinks i should have another round of cytoxan/rituxan first, wait a few weeks, and if no improvement with my neuro and lung symptoms, then we move forward with the procedure.

apparently it's basically like 'blood washing'. they cycle out all of my blood, 'clean' it, meaning they clear out all the bad antibodies, then put it all back. i'll have to have chemo before and right after the procedure.

will keep you all posted.

ladybugs mommy
02-10-2010, 08:53 PM
we are postponing the plasmapharesis for now and doing cytoxan/rituxan cycles. just finished first cycle and back for more on the 22nd/23rd. depending on how this goes will determine if we do the more aggressive one.