PDA

View Full Version : Dr oz addresses lupus in men

laurid8967
01-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Hi Everyone -
So Im sitting having coffee with my hubby, waiting for meds to kick in (uuugghhh - still in flare)so I can get ready for my CT Scan today. Anyway, Dr. OZ was on and his show was about diseases that are overlooked in men. And - wouildnt you know it? He included Lupus! He then went on to explain - in simple terms - how lupus attacks the immune system, etc. He also had a man with lupus on to talk about what had happened to him, how it presented, etc.
I thought this was WONDERFUL. There are so many people who dont know what lupus is to begin with, nevermind that it DOES affect men. Rob, I thought of you right away - my Hero of the Autoimmune World. Hope you are doing well, my brother..
Oluwa, got your message - hope you have tamed the beast, and that you are feeling well :). To all the others who were so welcoming - thank you as well.
Im going to post in the Symptoms forum because I am really interested in anyone who has had manifestations in the CNS. I am REALLY debilitated right now...Cant do much of anything but stay in bed, which S--KS and cant even DRIVE.
Anyway - YEAH to DR OZ for bringing to light that lupus is not a "womans disease"
Blessings to all -
Lauri

rob
01-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Lauri,

What channel/network is Dr. OZ on? Does he have a website? I'd like to find a re-run or web broadcast of that episode.

Rob

ssingh
01-19-2010, 10:45 AM
here you go
http://www.doctoroz.com/find-station

I always record his show on DVR. When was this show aired, so I can go through recordings.

rob
01-19-2010, 11:23 AM
here you go
http://www.doctoroz.com/find-station

I always record his show on DVR. When was this show aired, so I can go through recordings.

Cool, thanks for the link Ssingh! Don't know when it aired though...

ETA-Looks like from what Lauri says, the air date is today.

laurid8967
01-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Rob, here in Boston, Dr Oz is on two times with two seperate shows. There is one in the afternoon on Channel 5, and then the re-run of that show in on the NEXT morning on FOX. So what I saw this morning was actually yesterdays show. Kind of confusing, I know. I hope you find something on his website :)

ssingh
01-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Hi Rob
I just watched it, it was today. It was about 10 min segment. Dr. Oz showed animation how lupus work and interview with guy who has lupus. His case was severe.

rob
01-19-2010, 05:19 PM
It's too funny. My mother called me about an hour ago to tell me about this TV show she recorded for me today on DVD that I would find interesting. Guess what show she recorded...

Gotta love Mom!

lucky7
01-20-2010, 01:52 PM
awwwwww, go mom!!!!!!