PDA

View Full Version : Lupus and Exercise

wrightrs
01-17-2010, 06:20 PM
This is some info. from my local LFA chapter about Lupus and Exercise. http://viigo.im/26p7

ritzbit
01-18-2010, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the link. My doctors always up my butt about exercising but I can never get motivated

BonusMom
01-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the link, Becky.

I purchased a Wii and Wii Fit several months ago and as a bday gift to myself, I recently bought The Biggest Loser.for the Wii. The kids are coming up today to connect the Wii to the surround sound so I can "feel" it. I like the Wii because it's low impact. If I have had a particularly rough day, I love to take out my aggressions with the boxing program.

wrightrs
01-18-2010, 11:41 AM
I do water aerobics now. But the last few weeks it's been to cold. They have a machine I might try. It's like the elliptical but you sit on it. I see lots of ppl get on it with disabilities. I go to a aquatic center here. I need to see the nurse there. She will help you make a plan. I can see the nurse at no extra cost.

Nonna
01-18-2010, 06:33 PM
I use a stationary bike. I'm still sitting; I do 15-30 minutes a day. I feel a lot better. the days I don't do it are pain filled days. Low Impact aerobics also help. I'm doing a Denise Austin tape at the moment. I now believe like the Docs that you feel a lot better after you exercise.

Nonna

lucky7
01-20-2010, 02:43 PM
WOO HOO to exercise and stretching i say!!!!!!!! I used to be a personal trainer and ive worked out since i was 17. SO exercising was easy to keep as a part of my regimen even when i became very ill. Its so HARD some days and there ARE times when my body DOES need the complete REST so i just make sure i LISTEN to it! I use some free weights and soemtimes if im up to it ill do "body weight" exercises. BUT,its all about what i can handle. IT DOES HELP IN SO MANY WAYS!!!!!!