PDA

View Full Version : What's the Weather Like in Your Area

DrinkofWtr
01-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Here on the coastline of Southern California we are having a series of three rainstorms come in in the span of a week. The first one started today.
It was supposed to come in tonight so it caught me by surprise when I left my Mom and Dad's today. I couldn't decide if I should go to the mall or not. There was a bracelet there that was going to be on sale for only today and tomorrow. I went, but prayed I would get home alright. I just pray that I will make it to the attorney's office and to the Dr. next week. Will see if mudslides, etc. develop or not over the next week.

ssingh
01-17-2010, 06:13 PM
same here in northern( San Jose) California. rain rain and rain

rob
01-17-2010, 06:30 PM
It's snowing here in Maine. There must be some heavy winds because I can hear the big marker buoys out in the bay. They have a huge bell on them that rings if they are getting thrown around by wind and surf. Not too cold, 30 degrees.

magistramarla
01-17-2010, 07:46 PM
We are supposed to get wave after wave of storms coming onshore here on the Central Coast. The strongest storm is supposed to be on Wednesday night. They are worried about lots of rainfall and possible mudslides in the areas that were affected by fires earlier. They expect it to bring lots of snow to Tahoe and the other skiing areas. I'm thinking that once all of this crosses the mountain ranges Denver will get lots of snow and then it will be a weather-maker as it crosses the Midwest and the rest of the country. I'm beginning to feel like the early-warning system here. We do see the storms first as they come onshore.
Jeff and I planned for this, so we did our errand-running yesterday. We even had a date night and went to see Sherlock Holmes, followed by a seafood dinner. Today, we're staying in and watching the rain outside. He's studying, and I'm doing laundry and housecleaning.
Marla

SandyR
01-18-2010, 02:21 PM
The weather here has been crazy! Saturday it was nice in the day and cool at night. Sunday was freezing rains and whipping winds. Today it is dry and clear and spring like. Last weekend it was in the single digits and teens and today it's about 50 degrees. tomorrow they are calling for rain or light snow. :wacko:

BonusMom
01-18-2010, 03:47 PM
It's raining cats and dogs here in the Sacramento area. Add some gusty winds, hot cocoa and a fire crackling, you've got the recipe for a cozy day at home for this Domestic Goddess!

kducks
01-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Rained like crazy down here in SoCal too. We should be okay where we are at but I really feel for those who are in the burn areas, they are going to have problems. The sun is actually out right now as we speak, but I know it won't last long! I might run out to the store while I can!

DrinkofWtr
01-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Well I tried to wash my clothes downstairs in the laundry room between the rain, but got caught in the rainstorm. The winds were pretty wild during this first rainstorm. Went out to the store this afternoon to get a few things I needed during this lull. Don't exactly know when the next one is coming. There are mudslide warnings in the burn areas here in Ventura County, CA.

Nonna
01-18-2010, 06:17 PM
It's warmed up a little here in Georgia. But we are to get the rain that's hitting So Cal. I just wish Winter was over; I came south to avoid the cold but it seems to have followed me.

Nonna

laurid8967
01-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Snowing in Boston....BIG surprise...Hoping the weather will be keeping Coakley voters home...Oh yeah, Big 'Ol election here! National news. But I wont discuss politics here :) - just the weather...

magistramarla
01-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Now for the update from the Central Coast of California. This morning's storm was a noisy one. I awoke to loud thunder. Two hours later, and the rain is still coming down steadily. The satellite TV is out, but thankfully the internet connection is working. Many folks in the neighboring towns are without power, but the advantage of living in a military community is that our power tends to stay steady.
So far, these storms seem fairly tame to me compared to the tropical storms that we would get in South Texas or the tornadoes that I grew up seeing in the Midwest.
I'm settled in for a long, quiet day.
Marla

rob
01-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Snowing in Boston....BIG surprise...Hoping the weather will be keeping Coakley voters home...Oh yeah, Big 'Ol election here! National news. But I wont discuss politics here :) - just the weather...

We get Howie Carr up here, and he's really been covering the story. It's shaping up to be quite a pivotal election.

BTW, it's snowing up here too, alot!

Rob

porchy
01-21-2010, 10:12 PM
It's been gray, raining, and cold for days and days. I am beginning to feel claustrophobic and very out of sorts. I was just sharing this on Facebook today. I think that Seasonal Affective Disorder is hitting alot of people right now, including me. I would just like to see the sunshine, that would help alot. All I want to do is sleep and stare at the walls. I have no energy at all. Of course the pain is there, but I feel like a zombie. I hope the rain stops and the sun comes out. It would make a world of difference for me!!!

brandichi
01-22-2010, 07:06 AM
It's just cold here in Michigan. Gray, cold winter, blech. It's supposed to be nicer tomorrow, and I'll be stuck in a workshop. I am so anxious to be able to start walking again, but that won't happen for a while.

ashleybaby715
01-22-2010, 11:09 AM
its on the cooler side here in pittsburgh. 45 degrees today. which is very warm for january!!! last year around this time, it was like 5 degrees outside! so im not complaining one bit! its kind of gloomy outside, looks as if its going to rain. im excitedfor this weekend though. supposed to be 50 degrees on sunday!!!! but then get cold again :( i just wish winter was over!!!

iseedeadmonkeys
01-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Ok would you guys be a little shocked if i told you in England its Raining????........

No i didnt think so lol

magistramarla
01-22-2010, 08:42 PM
The rain is finally letting up a bit in my part of California. The hard rains have made it pretty difficult for some parts of the state. The skiers seem to be rejoicing, though. I've been sitting here on my nice snug little hill, watching the rain. We're supposed to have a nice, dry weekend, so I'm looking forward to it.
Unfortunately for you folks in the Midwest and further east, you will probably soon be receiving this weather system that has just passed over California.
Hugs,
Marla