PDA

View Full Version : What to do, what to do?

Leksie
01-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Made it to 20 weeks!!! woohoo!!:fest30::banana: and from here on out I will be on bed rest... 4 four months is a long time to not have anything to do, any suggestions?

Lala
01-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Are you able to recline and sit up a little bit? I would take up a new hobby,like knitting or crochet, I would be sending some one to the library, and of course play games in the arcade..lol

magistramarla
01-15-2010, 10:47 AM
I would get a Rosetta Stone system and learn a new language!
Are you interested in historical novels? Collleen McCullough wrote a seven book series about the fall of the Roman Republic called The First Man in Rome series - excellent reading! She also wrote one about the founding of the British colony in Australia called Morgan's Run which is a great read. Two other authors that I love are Lindsay Davis and Stephen Saylor. They both write about fictional detectives in ancient Rome.
Do you like to cook? Diane Mott Davidson writes some fun murder mysteries with a caterer as the detective. The books are also full of good recipes.
Laura's idea about crocheting is great. Baby blankets are easy to make and would give your little one a beloved keepsake.
Happy Baby!
Marla

DrinkofWtr
01-15-2010, 11:08 AM
I went through the same thing before my daughter was born. I was on complete bedrest from early on in my pregnancy. I read, watched a lot of TV, saw lots of DVD movies, played board games, designed my daughter's nursery on paper, did some scrapbooking, and crossword puzzles. I was able to sit up. Yes, I did get bored some, but I made it through the pregnancy. You'll make it through yours with flying colors, too.

mountaindreamer
01-15-2010, 01:52 PM
my elderly mother sits and knits caps for the troops that are stationed overseas....i will be happy to send you the pattern.

by the way....congrats on this milestone in your pregnancy....

Saysusie
01-15-2010, 01:56 PM
I was on 4 months bed rest before Lauri was born. I did a lot of reading, wrote several short stories, watched a lot of movies (this is when VHS was a new phenomenon!), played tons of card and board games, and painted (I was allowed to sit up in a chair) and made lots of hand made clothes for the expected Angel
:angelic:
I am so happy that you have made it successfully thus far. Just think, in a few short months, there will be a wonderful new addition to your family. Take very good care of yourself!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

abbasgirl
01-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Congratulations Leksie!:baby:

BonusMom
01-15-2010, 07:03 PM
So happy you've reached this mileston Leksie! I've never been confined to bed that long, so I really can't offer anything beyond what the others have suggested. Just remember to follow doctor's orders!