PDA

View Full Version : Tell Us About Your Avatar

SandyR
01-13-2010, 10:08 PM
I just changed my Avatar (profile pic) and was thinking how little I know about other people's avatars so I am starting this thread so we can explain why we chose them and so we can tell eachother when we changed them. I am going to attach a pic of my current avatar in the message so if we go back to read this later after our avatar has been changed, the comments will make sense for the picture we had at that time. :cute: (For those who don't know you can attach your pic by pressing on the paperclip)

This is a picture of me and my brother Mike, about late 1979 or so. I changed it to this b/c on FB someone started Wayback Week and thought I would do that with my profile pic on here too, but with a different picture.

Samo
01-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Hi SandyR,

With no human children...these are my kids. Oliver is the beagle on the left, got him from the SPCA and he is 5 yrs old. Spencer is a beagle/dachshund mix and he is 10 yrs old, got him when he was six weeks from a friend that had a beagle that was not fixed!!

Cool thread by the way.
Samo

magistramarla
01-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Mine is a school picture. It was such a happy time for me when I was teaching. Usually, people don't like these kinds of pictures, but I really liked this one.

rob
01-14-2010, 10:33 AM
I thought it was a great movie. Definitely two thumbs up in my opinion.:yes:

Saysusie
01-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Rob: I think you thought she was asking us to talk about the movie "Avatar". She was referring to your personal avatar on this site:cute:.

I, too, am posting my "Way Back When" picture for the same reasons. This is my High School Picture, the last time that I was healthy and happy at the same time :grumpy:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

rob
01-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Rob: I think you thought she was asking us to talk about the movie "Avatar". She was referring to your personal avatar on this site:cute:.

I know, I was just being a smart***.:laugh:

My Avatar is just me, from about a year ago I think.

Rob

Larz77
01-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Well, at one point I was so frustrated with my doctors and I got to thinking of the see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil (or what I like to call the ignorant bunch). Decided that this represented my doctors so I got them to pose for my avatar. They don't listen, see or talk to me. Just slap a label and off I go. Now, with the arcade, I enjoy being known as the Monkeys!

Larry

And no, with the broken leg, no movies (Avatar) for me. The new ad (is I Beautiful Bones) about the girl who was murdered and her dad can't solve the crime though freaks me out when it comes on...

leaann
01-14-2010, 10:50 AM
My Avatar is the peace symbol, Yeah born in the 60's and just love the symbol and always looking for peace ...Plus I don't like pictures of myself so this suited better...

Saysusie
01-14-2010, 11:13 AM
You are too funny Rob :-) I still love your picture!

magistramarla
01-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Yes Rob,
It's about time you commented on the movie. I was wondering what you were thinking about it. Can you believe it, I've heard people slamming it because the military guys were shown as the bad guys? I hang with a lot of military guys, and all of them LOVED the film.
Marla

Bonita
01-14-2010, 05:13 PM
i really do not know how to post a picture of anything. Bonita Saysusie i like your high school picture i used to wear my hair like that in high school.

Spanglishqueen
01-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Ha Rob, I remeber when you first took that picture you were figuring out how to use your web cam. :) Mine is my pimping dog Terra, I think she wears the thuggish bandanna very well. It's now just her and I as we lost Loki her 8 year old brother to a tumor in October.

SandyR
01-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Rob - You are such a clown you had me actually groan and roll my eyes at the computer. Haven't seen the movie yet, but I will.

Saysusie - I keep meaning to tell you on FB that I like your HS pic. Very classy lady even from the early days!

Marla - I have a pic of me from when I taught first grade that I love too. I usually don't like those kind of pics either b/c those lights and backgrounds are so unflattering, but this pic of you is lovely. Your smile is radient!

Samo & Brenda - Your fur babies are adorable. My fur babies change ever week and can be seen at www.lasthopeanimalrescue.org in the dog section. I will see them tomorrow night.

Larz - Everytime I see your explanation of your avatar I laugh. It's so true!!!

Leann - Peace & Love, baby! Peace & Love!

Bonita - To put a picture in a message, you click on the paperclip and then press browse and select the picture from your desktop. To add a picture as an avatar, you click on the Settings tab on top right then on the left there is a My Profile menu with an Edit Avatar link.

Saysusie
01-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Bonita; Thank You. I think that hair style was the thing back then (he he). Were you able to post a picture after reading SandyR's instruction? Can't wait to see your pic/avatar.

SandyR; Thank You also :wink:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

iseedeadmonkeys
01-22-2010, 02:31 PM
My Avitar is my (to be) step son Michael, ive got a really good one i want to upload but havnt got the foggiest how to, so i will stick with this one for now, Michael is very special in my life cause if i feel i cant do it today or tmrw i look at him and force myself lol

Done it!!!

SandyR
01-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Great photo Janey! I love how he is smiling at you here.

Oh, and if you go up a few comments, I wrote out the directions for posting a pic.

kducks
01-24-2010, 03:27 AM
Mine is a pic I took of me and my guy at the Ducks playoff game last year. I have a Ducks temporary tattoo on my face. I just liked the pic and use it as my avatar. My guy and I are HUGE hockey fanatics.

Saysusie
02-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Just recently changed mine and it is probably a bit self-explanatory. But, it is me and my beautiful angel, Lauri in 1997!

magistramarla
02-03-2010, 08:52 PM
SaySusie,
She was indeed a beautiful angel. Thanks for sharing this lovely picture with us.
Hugs,
Marla

SandyR
02-03-2010, 09:51 PM
beautiful picture Saysusie! and I adoe what you have as your tagline.

karenboss
02-04-2010, 10:32 AM
how fun - I love that you change yours up a bit Saysusie - it gives is a broader picture of who you are. I will have to change mine.
meanwhile this one is about 5 years old - used when I had my art web site (this explains the apron) I haven't been very active in my stuio lately and am not showing anywhere. Someday I will again.

mountaindreamer
02-04-2010, 07:01 PM
what a great thread, thanks sandy,

mine is a picture of my and my "little buddy", Roscoe. It was taken last fall when we were on a 2 week camping trip along the Shenadoah Valley with a friend. We camped from Georgia all the way up to the Chesapeake Bay. Was my last camping trip, and Roscoe misses it very much....he is the campfire king.

and Rob....glad to see your smart***ness is still in tact even during this flare.

Angel Oliver
02-04-2010, 07:06 PM
I keep changing mine :) This one is from my 40th birthday at a bar .I dont usually pose like this, this is what happens to me after 2 shandys :) (lemonde n lager).Im such a cheap date.xxxxx

pandagirl
02-05-2010, 06:08 PM
LOVE the Giant Panda!!! I have collected and loved everything Panda since I was a young girl. I love bears as well but none as much as the Panda. I think my love for my dog stems from the fact when her hair is bushy ..she is like a little cub:)

SandyR
02-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Angel - you should pose like this ALL the time. :))

I recently changed mine too in honor of my upcoming trip to Disney.

SuperGiv
02-08-2010, 04:45 AM
My photo is me and my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years at his 21st birthday :D

SandyR
02-08-2010, 04:39 PM
My photo is me and my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years at his 21st birthday :D

You're boyfriend looks like a movie star. Oh what's name? I am in a fog, but I will come back and tell you in a minute. I wanna say he was in Brokeback Mountain.

Haggar
02-08-2010, 06:50 PM
My avatar is the symbol of the other organization i belong to :-D

SandyR
02-08-2010, 07:49 PM
@SuperGiv - I remembered his name!!! Giovanni Ribisi. Sooooo not the guy from Brokeback Mtn. :)

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/apr_giovanni_ribisi_050627_ssv.jpg

magistramarla
02-08-2010, 09:43 PM
So Haggar,
Does this mean that you are in one of those cool Star Trek groups with a ship name and officers, etc. and that you attend Star Trek conventions? Or does it mean that you are a real Klingon?
Daqawlu'taH.
Marla

rob
02-10-2010, 03:32 AM
My avatar is the symbol of the other organization i belong to :-D

Ah, so you are a member of the Klingon High Council.

You know, I've always wondered, why don't Tribbles like Klingons?