PDA

View Full Version : when to visit my doctor?

erinnlee
08-30-2005, 06:18 AM
New to the forum, and glad toknow it exists~

I've succesfully been in remission for 2 1/2 years. During that time, I got married, boutgh a house, renovated the house, lost 30 lbs and gained back my 30 lbs.

Lately, I have had a really tough time taking the weight off, and am completely stumped as to why. I am working out 4 times a week, eating all the right things (weight watchers), but I am just gaining and gaining...

And my hair has now begun to fall out (I have never experienced the hair loss due to Lupus before).

I find myself extremely irritable (and I am sure my husband does too, but he's been really supportive) and very emotional.

Is it time to call my doctor? I haven't seen him in about a year and a half, because he said it wasn't necessary unless I started getting symptoms again. I'm hesitant to call if it's not a flare, but I'm a little concerned at the same time.

Erinn

hippimom2
08-30-2005, 06:28 AM
Erinn, first let me welcome you here. You've come to a great place. From what you tell me it sounds like it wouldn't hurt to check in with your doctor. Even though you are not in a flare it sounds like you are having new symptoms that your doctor should be aware of. I'm having trouble with the weight thing too and am also on weight watchers. I'd like to know what you find out about that. Take care and keep us updated.

SoleSinger
08-30-2005, 06:31 AM
I'd say if it's enough to cause you concern you should call your doctor. Only you truly know your body, and if you are concerned, I would definitely call.

Hope you feel better!