PDA

View Full Version : Who here is sick of snow and who is hoping to get some? Or some more?

abbasgirl
01-07-2010, 08:05 AM
We're supposed to get a couple of inches and it should start sometime today lasting into tomorrow. I'm in the group that hopes to finally get some of that white stuff...even if I don't get to go out in it, it would be nice to sit on the couch and watch it from the window, and watch my daughter enjoying it. She loves snow more than I do.

mountaindreamer
01-07-2010, 09:27 AM
I am also looking forward to some snow.....but if the tv station interrupts the ball game tonight to tell us that it is snowing, i am afraid that my tv might be the first victim of this southern dusting.

Saysusie
01-07-2010, 10:08 AM
I am looking forward to some snow, we haven't had any yet this year. Being in SoCal, we can enjoy our snow days because they don't last very long and we rarely get snowed in. I can truly understand those of you who are in the midst of the worst weather in history and there seems to be no end to it for at least several more weeks. This seems to be happening all over the globe and I'm sure there are many of you who have had enough!!!
Stay warm and know that we are thinking of you!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

rob
01-07-2010, 10:34 AM
I have a couple of acres that are nearly 5 feet deep of the white stuff. I don't really mind it right now, but give it another month, and I'll be ready to see it go away. Anybody who would like some can help themselves, but it's BYOSS here. (bring you own snow shovel)
:laugh:

tiggerlishus - Heidi
01-07-2010, 11:30 AM
i love looking at the snow and even venturing in to it if well enough!! here in uk we have had our second lot of snow in less than amonth!! its no way as much as your 5 feet of snow rob!! think worse is in sctotland at 25-30 cm but its like the whole country has shut down everything from big airports like gatwick!! to major roads all the way down to schools!!! here in esses there something like 250 hundrend school been closed last 2 days!!! and only snowed really first day biut with everything iced up today they decided to keep them closed today!! its just madness it happens every year!!!

Serenity81
01-07-2010, 11:35 AM
We've had about an inch on the ground here for a bit.. it started snowing about an hour ago (pretty light) but it's supposed to come heavier as the afternoon goes on.. they're saying 2-6 inches when it's all over. Not too bad, but I'm just not in the mood for it this year! Although, if I didn't have to go to work and school in it, I wouldn't mind... but alas, I can't hibernate.

pandagirl
01-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Snow is on the way here in Jersey...1-3 inches if they are accurate..(probably get a foot) I don't mind the snow but it has been extremely cold...not comfortable :(

Angel Oliver
01-07-2010, 06:59 PM
I love and live for snow snow n more snow :) We have about 4 foot and its about minus 11 now.(I have no thermometre so maybe minus 5 or something i bet lol ). I will take a photo tmrw better than my last one i took, so you can see how deep.I had to dig out my little dog today,she got cramp in her legs n dissapeared under the snow...poor girl. Thing is i slip,its like glass out there now....so i dont like that..so try n stay in the garden.They say yu all will get snow by Sunday so fingers crossed for those who wants it.xxxx

kducks
01-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Nope...if I want snow I'll drive up to the mountains. Was a nice sunny warm day, I went for a walk with my honey down by the beach. I'm a weather wimp, I was born and raised in SoCal lol.

magistramarla
01-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm visiting in Arkansas to see the new grandson, and just a few nights ago, I saw the first snow that I had seen in 18 years! We've been stationed in South Texas and now in California, so I haven't seen it in that long. It was just a dusting, but it was beautiful to me.
Now it's bitterly cold. I'm surprised at myself - I've acclimated very quickly. I've noticed that wet cold made my joints hurt, but now that it is a dry cold, I feel great. I'm walking around with my coat unzipped, just like when I lived in the colder climate. California is going to really feel warm when I get home.
Marla

BonusMom
01-08-2010, 11:19 PM
We had a bit of rain today, but no snow since early December. I'm thanking the weather gods for our fog and temps that are warmer than the frigid temps you folks in the midwest and east are dealing with.

Angel Oliver
01-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I smell snow.....more snow for us tonight yipeeeee:) My body feels rusty and hips are hurting i think from the cold,but im enjoying it in case we have to wait years again......xxxx

debbie-b
01-09-2010, 03:44 PM
We have had about a foot and a half of snow. This morning when I left for work, we only had 9 F, the snow was so pretty, everything was sparkling, like diamonds.
I love the snow.

Debbie

abbasgirl
01-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Our snow was short lived but it was pretty. I had no idea that magnolia trees look so pretty with snow dusted on their leaves.

It's still bitter cold here.

Nonna
01-11-2010, 07:31 PM
i miss the snow. But here in Georgia at least around Atlanta; people don't know how to drive in it. Yes it's beautiful. I miss walking through the woods on my cross country skis - the quiet, the falling snow was so wonderful. the peace that I felt. Man, it was great.
nonna

abbasgirl
01-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Hi Nonna...people further up in north ga don't know how to drive in it either. Thankfully we don't have to, but I do miss having more snowy days like we did years ago. Our weather has been so strange over the years. I've always wanted to try skiing. It seems so relaxing and fun.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
01-13-2010, 02:35 PM
i miss the snow. But here in Georgia at least around Atlanta; people don't know how to drive in it. Yes it's beautiful. I miss walking through the woods on my cross country skis - the quiet, the falling snow was so wonderful. the peace that I felt. Man, it was great.
nonna

hay nonna over here in the uk they don't know how to drive it either!! think that why everything seems to shut down with even a sniff of snow!! lol
and ps i haven't been to georgia in yearss but love it there i was born near alanta on air force base i also have relatives there!!

froggal
01-13-2010, 02:42 PM
I am SO SICK OF SNOW & COLD!!! It has FINALLY warmed up here and I am SO glad! We have had snow, snow, blizzards, and more snow!!! I am tired of -20 degree weather also! The temp has hit 45 degrees today and the snow is FINALLY melting. I LOVE THE SUN!!!